Grappling - Shaquille O’Neal vs Forrest Griffin

Lmao..go watch Stefan struve vs roy nelson fight...LeBron would look alot like that but with worse ground game and striking..

Other sport skills like dunking and passing don't equal or transfer into fighting technique without years of training ..come on get your head on straight

Also LeBron would have to pass USADA first..based on his height and build don't see that happening

What does Usada have to do with height?

What does Usada have to do with height?

He's very muscular for his height is my point usually not naturally attainable..taller men tend to have leaner bodies..if you read the whole sentence you might have gotten that the first time..

He's very muscular for his height is my point usually not naturally attainable..taller men tend to have leaner bodies..if you read the whole sentence you might have gotten that the first time..

I read the whole sentence, you’re just wrong.

I think we should all be surprised about Shaq actually being to move like he did right there...

That guy is a 7 footer 350+lbs (today) with 19 years of NBA games behind on his body...who according to himself has fucked up knees, a neck he barely can move (has to turn his upper-body towards you, to face you) and will have a hip-replacement in a couple of years...

The old A level athlete argument. What a joke.

It's like saying someone is very intelligent. Ok cool, but that doesn't mean they can do the job.

He is 46, Helio Gracie could take him out today and he is dead.

Ok...The point is the “A level athlete” argument is not refuted by a beat up 46 y/o Shaq rolling around with Forrest Griffin. I’m not even arguing for either side of that ongoing debate, but to say “see, I told you so!” based on that is dumb.

Ok...The point is the “A level athlete” argument is not refuted by a beat up 46 y/o Shaq rolling around with Forrest Griffin. I’m not even arguing for either side of that ongoing debate, but to say “see, I told you so!” based on that is dumb.

The A level athlete argument is a ridiculous theory perpetuated by people who watch football and think because some guy is black and muscular, he is automatically able to adapt to any sport and be successful. What a complete joke. Have you seen some of these NBA players fight? It's a slap fest.

Like I said before, I know people who are geniuses, it does not mean they can do every critical thinking job. Being "smart" or "athletic" does not = motivation or drive.

Struve is a kickboxing champion and has good jiu-jitsu ..LeBron plays basket ball.. completely different sport..my point is struve is the height of b-ball players and roughly the size with pro fight experience and he got murked...LeBron has none of that...

Struve is nowhere near an athlete bball players are

The least athletic nba player is 10 times an athlete struve is

Even without any real training nba/nfl athletes would have such an athletic advantage it wouldn’t even be funny

Black beast just fought for a title for god sake...

Struve is nowhere near an athlete bball players are

The least athletic nba player is 10 times an athlete struve is

Even without any real training nba/nfl athletes would have such an athletic advantage it wouldn’t even be funny

Black beast just fought for a title for god sake...

SMH..so what? Your not comparing the same shit... Being althetic doesn't mean you know how to fight lmao..it just means your in shape cardio wise and are strong ...

It doesn't mean you can shoot double legs like Daniel Cormier or stop them for that matter..it's also doesn't mean you know how to defend agaisnt overhands ..to kept you from getting koed like struve did against nelson...

Don't be dumb please...althetics is important but it's secondary to skill, heart and overall well roundedness as a fighter ..

I read the whole sentence, you’re just wrong.

Oh sorry I guess there's alot of 6'8" guys out there near you that are carrying this much muscle at 250lbs ..while being all natty sorry must have missed that

LeBron-showing-off-his-great-body-on-the-Miami-beach.jpg

This "A level" athlete debate again? Sigh...

I've been here longer than most and honestly I think this debate is settled. With some training, the A level athlete most often will be able to run through regional level guys, or very low ranked guys just by being purely more athletic (see former pro bowl WR Michael Westbrook). If they were to step up in competition they get smashed.

Some guys who are A level athletes may also just react very poorly to getting hit. Back when I trained there were guys who were amazing athletes at our gym but who reacted so badly to even getting hit in sparring that they never wanted to even try actually fighting.

Oh sorry I guess there's alot of 6'8" guys out there near you that are carrying this much muscle at 250lbs ..while being all natty sorry must have missed that

View attachment 467331

Lebron is a freak. Of course, everyone knows that. That doesn’t mean he’s juicing. There are plenty of professional athletes about his height that can carry a lot of muscle. I could give you a long list, but they are obviously not guys at my local YMCA. What makes Lebron such an unprecedented specimen is that he combines his size and strength with unbelievable agility and explosiveness. If he was skinny he would still be great.

Zion Williamson: 6’7, 285 lbs. 18 years old.
C04DA5EA-D73F-4C13-8C06-41D7F3E6E9D6.jpeg

Myles Garrett: 6’4, 272 lbs. 22 y/o.
DFECB5D7-29B6-4389-89C7-995B7834E63E.jpeg

Shawn Oakman: 6’8, 287 lbs. 26 y/o
13FFDE73-89DD-4A14-A131-0F7B89BF0799.jpeg

Some older examples...
6’9
upload_2018-11-7_12-37-29.jpeg 5481B842-15B4-45C7-8336-E9A2C96B0257.jpeg
6’11
AB2D290D-87F3-4521-A56A-DFABF539BB08.jpeg 01B05C47-4D82-4C96-9276-5DC67A1D65B8.jpeg

Shaq is strong as an ox, he was just half assing here, but you can see this dude is strong he was on his back and basically lifted forrest off him while forrest was on top trying for half guard.

Imagine if shaq were serious he always goofs off, just like when he boxed oliver mccall he could have knocked him out cold in sparring
Im guessing Shaq would just throw Forrest over the fence and finish the fight like that

Greg hardy is all the proof I need, this MF just hopped into MMA in his late twenties and he's wrecking shop on everybody. He could legit be signed to the UFC today and I could see him having some vicious KO highlights. Of course Greg hardy won't be a UFC champ, but if he was training at 21 years old he'd run through the HW division. Same thing with any world class athlete, you don't think 19 year old Olympic medalist boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. couldn't have transitioned into MMA and been one of the GOATS? your kidding yourself. There is something to be said about world class athletes, even if they weren't specifically trained in combat.

Back