Grappling guys: how do you rate your striking skills?

Hand Power: 3
Hand Speed: 4
Hand Technique: 5
Elbow Power:3
Elbow Speed: 5
Knee Power: 2
Knee Speed: 2
Kick Power: 1
Kick Speed: 3

... I have long, freakishly skinny arms and these spindly legs- but I've a decent set of traps and chest- so I not only do I look all wierd it limits my striking ability...why would you even ask this in the grappling forum...?

been boxing since eight years old, muay thai for five years now.
hands 8
feet 8
knees 9
elbows 679

Im a grappler that also does striking, not the other way around...

Im guessing this is form 1-10?

hands:8
shins (kicks): 6
knees: 4

Well, I used to do Taekwondo for 5 years previous to my Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu training... got up to green. Plus, my punching skills are similar to Yoshida - not that technical, but tends to be effective. I practice knees a lot, but I doubt I'd actually do one during a tense, high-adrenaline situation. So:

Kicks: 7.5 or 8
Punches: 5.5
Knees: 3 or 4, at best

I used to have okay kicks and punches as i used to do more standup (light sparring in boxing, kickboxing and MT) but now I've focused exclusively on grappling, so my standup skills really suck. My knees are better tho' since I've done quite a bit of clinchwork. Elbows pack quite a punch but I never use them except on the heavy bag or when shadowboxing.

Hands 7
kicks 4 not much skill
knees/elbows ?? really never got a chance to use them.
Wrestling/bjj blue also

Hands 8
kicks 8
knees/elbows 5

I trained Muay thai for two before I started BJJ 4 years ago.

I boxed growing up and did Golden Gloves till I was 16, WAY before I found BJJ, I also took some Karate and am currently doing MT twice a week

I'm 260lbs and have what most people consider "heavy hands", plus it doesn't hurt to have a whole hell of a lot of weight coming in behind the punch. Unlike most fatasses, however, my fatass understands both the technique AND power side of a punch

Hands 8-9
Kicks 6
Knees/Elbows 4 - Just learning

hands:8
kicks: 1
I train 5 times a wees BJJ and once a week boxing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back