grappling dvds

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by scotty1444, Jan 23, 2006.

1. scotty1444

scotty1444 Orange Belt

could anyone recomend me any good grappling dvds especially ones that would show lots of ways to escape submissions from all posstions. and what would be the better style also for submissions escapes bjj or sambo or any other styles thanks very much for hu ever replys

2. Jiu-Jitsu Cop

Jiu-Jitsu Cop Green Belt

If you like to watch the people fight and learn escapes form there, then watch 101 submissions. I make a DVD on various holds but covered only a little bit on couinters/escapes. I am puttting together another DVD on that subject but it will not be ready for several months. If you like strictly BJJ the Turtle is an ok video.

www.kibuninc.com

3. focus your game more on preventing the submission than escaping subs. it's vital to know escapes like stack+knee-in-butt armbar defense but your game will be a ton better for it if you stess preventing those submissions through posture and inteligent movement.

if you fonus on the escapes over prevention, you're building your muscle memory to be used to making the mistake that causes the submission. you're esentially practicing getting caught.

4. phenomfan1529

phenomfan1529 Brown Belt

agreed

5. Deus_Nova

Deus_Nova Blue Belt

Saulo Riberio - Jiu Jitsu Revolution (GI series)

Jacare - BJJ Set (I'm not sure of the official name but just like Saulo's instructional, you can find it at http://www.jiujitsuprogear.com. It has some nice takedowns and stuff.)

6. scotty1444

scotty1444 Orange Belt

well i cnt get a lot of the dvds becaus ei live in norhtenr ireland and some of them dont post them to the uk but i found this site and i was wondering if you cud recomend this dvd its by a man called manu and is called escapes and submissions.

7. scotty1444

scotty1444 Orange Belt

://www.immortal.co.uk/martial-arts-videos-dvds.asp?c_urn=108&show=VHS

8. scotty1444

scotty1444 Orange Belt

9. scotty1444

scotty1444 Orange Belt

the one by manu called escapes and submissions so what do you think shud i get i still have loads of birthday and christmas money to blow.