grappling and piercings.

alaskajits

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
so ive been tossing up the idea of getting a lip ring, but i train bjj often and am worried about any "accidents" that might happen.

does anyone have facial piercings and train with them in? i dont want to take off training for the full time its healing. are there safe studs out there that would minimize the chance it could get caught or ripped out?

so ive been tossing up the idea of getting a lip ring, but i train bjj often and am worried about any "accidents" that might happen.

does anyone have facial piercings and train with them in? i dont want to take off training for the full time its healing. are there safe studs out there that would minimize the chance it could get caught or ripped out?

Jiu-Jitsu is the only reason I don't have several piercings

I don't think there is too much you can do to prevent ripping it out. I have earrings and I waited until the hole for it settled before going back to bjj. So now I take the earring out before training. Can you take out lip or eyebrow piercings?

How long does it take for the hole to settle at the ears?

BJJ is the reason, I took all my piercings out

I can really only see bad things coming from rolling with piercings in. Thats your call man, but damn that would really suck to have something like that ripped out.

if u had earrings u could get ear guards. only one other place u can get pierced that has protection.

There's a couple guys I know that tape their plugs in, seems a little much to me. But it is absolutely hilarious to see

don't mix.

when i started judo, i had 5 in my ears and both nipples. it got to be a fucking hassle to keep taking them out and putting them back in. finally, i just decided to be a man and quit dicking around with them.

man I did judo for a year with 00 gauge holes in my ears and just took them out every class...it's not worth it lol
they're long grown over now...well, shrunk at least :p

I take my shit out all the time and its starting to get on my nerves. I definetly understand you guys just keeping them out all the time.

i just take mine out when i train. i dont find it to annyoing to remove and replace

i had my septum pierced when i started, long story short, piercings and jiu jitsu = pain in the ass = me no longer sporting them. in the long run its going to be a hassle to work with but if you used a stud and not a hoop then it will be at alot less risk of getting ripped out. if you do it i wouldnt go to class for a few weeks because rolling and having that shit heal up is THE WORST IDEA EVER. take it from a dude who's had both sides of his lip pierced and his septum pierced and is a s00per fruit.

not to mention i remember a clause when signing my contract with my gym that jewelry while training is not allowed, id talk to your instructor and see if he's cool with it first because chances are high that he is not down and you will have to take out the piercing which you will have paid good money for anyway.

I mean not only is it pain in the ass to keep taking them and putting them back on, the chances of getting your piercing infected is higher when you keep fucking with it by taking the ring or bar in and out, but can get irritated by mushing it on the mat.

forget piercing. stick with tattoos.

I'm pretty sure you can get a retainer while you are rolling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back