Grapplesocks

are they allowed in competition? if not i wouldn't use them.

I wouldn't use them anyway....

There are plenty of rubberized patterned sock soles. If these are truly specialized, and do not hinder grappling, I would definitely pick up a pair, mainly to use when visiting gyms.

i was just thinking about these the other day.. i was wondering if there was such a thing, im so picking up a pair or two!

I saw them on a guy visiting from Japan a few years ago. I think he called them toe socks and said they were popular over there.

are they allowed in competition? if not i wouldn't use them.

I wouldn't use them anyway....

Don't know about competition but I wear em and doesn"t feel any different then barefeet. I like em because my feet aren't getting torn up anymore on the mats

Funny!! I used to wear the socks you get in the hospitals with the rubber on the bottom so you dont take a spill. I found while in traveling peolpe were wearing similar fighting socks. I picked up a pair of these socks that are awsome for stand-up and ground-work.
For the cheap price i dont have to worry about nasty blisters and infections.

Funny!! I used to wear the socks you get in the hospitals with the rubber on the bottom so you dont take a spill. I found while in traveling peolpe were wearing similar fighting socks. I picked up a pair of these socks that are awsome for stand-up and ground-work.
For the cheap price i dont have to worry about nasty blisters and infections.

I agree dude, i got about 6 months outta mine before buying a new pair, they were like 15 bucks.

I bought them for like $25 overseas, for that price I could pick up a few pairs so i dont have to keep washing mine. Thanks!!

I bought them for like $25 overseas, for that price I could pick up a few pairs so I don't have to keep washing mine. Thanks!!

Wtf is wrong with being barefoot? Wash your feet after class, and clean up any of your sissy mat burns.

Lame.

Whats with all the white belts with June join dates pumping these? This thread feels like an advertisment.

Wtf is wrong with being barefoot? Wash your feet after class, and clean up any of your sissy mat burns.

Lame.

i agree-- some people dont have tough feet like you and i

i would only buy them for grip--- but really i'll stick to my wrestling boots

i guess theres a big market for this though

Whats with all the white belts with June join dates pumping these? This thread feels like an advertisment.

Sorry dude i don't have your 218(????) posts, truth is I have been hittin the mats for 10 years now and banging in the ring for 15. My feet, hands, elbows and knees are all banged out. Saw these socks on a guy and wanted to know if anyone else has tried em. I personally could not care any less if you buy em or not. If you recall I only wanted an opinion on them because i like em, someone else might hate em but i'm at the point where I don't need to prove my worth on the mat by losing ten layers of skin everytime i roll.

I sweat more than the average person so this seems like a good deal for me.

Sorry dude i don't have your 218(????) posts, truth is I have been hittin the mats for 10 years now and banging in the ring for 15. My feet, hands, elbows and knees are all banged out. Saw these socks on a guy and wanted to know if anyone else has tried em. I personally could not care any less if you buy em or not. If you recall I only wanted an opinion on them because i like em, someone else might hate em but i'm at the point where I don't need to prove my worth on the mat by losing ten layers of skin everytime i roll.

From an earlier post of yours...

"Just an FYI I have a friend who is putting out a new knee sleeve designed exclusively for grappling. It is going to be thin and elastic and have a thin silicon padding on the knee. I have tried the prototype and it is pretty good. He is selling it on the grapplesock.com website soon. No i don't get any commission just an FYI."

I was right to think you were full of shit.

Back