Grapplers: Squats or deadlifts?

I don't know why people are on a forum if they despise answering questions so much. Seems counter productive to me. Or am I confused about the purpose of a forum?

A forum is around for discussion. Believe it or not, with a forum as active as this, some things have probably been discussed to death before you ever arrived. That and the fact that similar questions pop up about every week is why this kind of thing happens to be discussed in the FAQ, hence it's name of "Frequently Asked Questions". It's not elitest, it's just a convenient method to deal with stuff that always comes up. We all dealt with it when we first came to S&P, so either adjust or go find another forum, rather than tryin' to get all of us to do things your way. If you dont like it, Delta's ready when you are.

And to the OP, if you've been liftin' so long, you should already be doin' both, so were you wonderin' which one to do more of or what was the question about?

Oh yeah, and WAR STEWY for his earlier post.

"elitist" huh? You know in the 18 months I've been here I heard that thrown around a lot by guys who are supposed to be man enough to roll around with other grown men and crank joint locks and chokes on each other. I'm not the thickest skinned motherfucker myself but I survived my initiation into this no BS forum and if I can do it and someone else can't then truely they are nothing more than pussy douche.

To the TS your premise about which lift, deadlift or squat, would have more of an effect on your grappling was a legit question but the way you worded it sucked balls. You still got your answer with some humor thrown in.

<blink>SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU ELITIST COCK SUCKING MOTHER FUCKING SONS OF BITCHES!!!</blink>

How do you get the type so big?

How do you get the type so big?

Really? Are you being sarcastic or do you really not know? If you don't know then there is a "Sizes" drop down list that allows you to change the size of a font. If you're being sarcastic then let me be the first to say I'm a moron.

[No I was being serious, I can barely figure out cut and paste

This is kinda cool

both

but i enjoy deadlifts...they seem to give me more ass muskles

can anybody seriously ever read a question and answer with their own mind instead of preaching the same old crap? yes, the guy know that shooting will make his shots better. he was asking which would do more for his shots: squats, or deadlifts, not if lifting weights was good for grappling. if only shooting a lot was the best course of action, grapplers would never lift weights, they would only drill technique, which isnt what happens. for your explosion and drive on doubles and hi-c's, squats are your best lift, period. for ground based grappling, squats arent going to do much for you, but deadlifts are probably one of the best complimentary lifts for your ground game. really guys, its not that hard to be nice.

Nobody's nice to retarded people, even their parents crack waterhead jokes behind their backs.

ThreadNecromancer.png

Why the fuck do people bump old threads like this with stupid responses????

i would think both,

perhaps a slight edge to deads?

nah, both .

squats and deadlifts take a back seat to curls and calf raises.

Back