Grapplers neck bridging

iama

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Do any of you guys have a neck bridging routines? I usually just bridge for say 10 minutes and consider that enough but I want to try and follow some form of routine? Any helps much appreciated.

(Sorry to start ANOTHER bridging thread I cant work the search tool)

do the back bridge from standing, rotate and there really is no reason to do it for 10 minutes

why would you do 10 minutes neck bridging exercises?

10 minutes of bridging can only make your neck stronger so why not?

As far as a routine goes, perhaps you could add in head raises.

We do 3 different exercises sometimes during warm-ups and they suck. You lay flat on your back and then lift your chin towards your chest and then back. Do not allow your head to rest on the ground between reps if you can help it. Do 50 of those - chin to chest.

Then still on your back with your head off the mat, do 50 side to side ear-to-shoulder touches. Touch your left ear to your left shoulder and then your right ear to right shoulder, that's 1 rep.

Lastly, touch your chin to each shoulder, twisting your neck, still with your head off the mat. Chin to the left, chin to the right = 1 rep. 50 of those.

If you aren't gritting your teeth by then or haven't rested your head, you are tougher than me. You also may want to do more of them.

I heard if you lie on the ground belly-down and let your boner lift you up, it makes your dick bigger.

I heard if you lie on the ground belly-down and let your boner lift you up, it makes your dick bigger.

Is that your way of saying neck bridges dont really work or just a shit joke?

Huh, funny stuff. We just have a partner push against our head while we try to keep straight neck posture.

I'm not a grappler but I have put neck bridges into my workout before. My neck always feels stronger but I get a really sore neck the next day and it gives me a headache so I don't do it often. But before people tell me I was doing it wrong, it wasn't a 'bad' neck pain it was your typical muscle soreness after a workout. But its tough to have a aching neck all day.

you can do 10 minutes straight of neck bridges?
Karl Gotch would be proud of you.

heres my rountine

1 minute of front neck bridge x 2 rounds
1 minute of back neck bridge x 2 rounds
and then trying to move my chin over my shoulder (like a static hold)
to the left and right hold in each side for 1 minute x 2 rounds

Back