grapplers-ear drum popping

krusher

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
ive gone back to grappling/wrestling and i have this problem with my ears getting popped and then i cant hear properly for a week (ear cant release pressure correctly)

is this a common injury or is it just me and if anyone has any advice on preventing/fixing it also :wink:

have you tried equalzing the pressure like you do when diving? That being holding your nose and trying to blow thru it?

while rolling with a guy in my class he thought it would be funny to slap me in the ear. he cupped his hand just wrong so it did something to my ear drum. only later did i notice how much it affected me, my ear sounded like a broken speaker for weeks. before the threads about kicking his ass come in we were going back and forth with shit like that the whole time we were rolling so it wasn't an out of the blue move.

batman69 said:
while rolling with a guy in my class he thought it would be funny to slap me in the ear. he cupped his hand just wrong so it did something to my ear drum. only later did i notice how much it affected me, my ear sounded like a broken speaker for weeks. before the threads about kicking his ass come in we were going back and forth with shit like that the whole time we were rolling so it wasn't an out of the blue move.

yeah that sounds like what i get

happens when someone hits your ear just right like a suction

oh well, just wondering if it was common, guess not

From experience here. A doctor checked my ears and to his delight I had my a ball of wax in each ear. He said when I would clean them with q-tips I was just shoving the wax down in there. I worked at a place that stuff would get in my ears and I cleaned them with a qtip everyday, which was not a good thing in my situation.

After doing this for 2 years I had a half inch ball in each ear. He used a water suction thing to clear them.

Back