grapling at tiger muay thai.

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by shouldercharge, Nov 1, 2010.

1. shouldercharge

shouldercharge Dave Camarillo idoliser

As above has anyone on here attended tiger muay thai i'm paticularly interested in knowing of peoples experience in the morning no-gi classes with ray elbe,and the night time gi bjj classes under rafael lopes pinto.

also what are the afternoon mma sessions like?
    i'm planning a two-month long stay in thailand,at the moment tmt looks like where i'll go simply because i can keep up the mma training and improve my ground game at the same time as i improve my stand-up but if the grappling there is shit and 2 months isnt going to improve me that much i may aswell go somewhere with better muay thai instruction(perhaps sinbi).

one complaint ive heard with the morning no-gi is that theres usually very little super-vision with 30 or so students and just 1 instructor.

The good thing is the night time bjj class is basically free most camps train twice daily i can train morning and afternoon in the mma or thai,plus bjj at night for no extra cost.

2. Freezing Winds**

Freezing Winds** Green Belt

ray posts on UG, you should post there

3. shouldercharge

shouldercharge Dave Camarillo idoliser

i'm more looking for comments from people who have been there and trained in the bjj/mma classes than there trainers.

i thought there would be a few round here who have gone to tiger.

4. cian22

cian22 White Belt

I was there a couple of years ago, I really enjoyed the Muay Thai and the Thai coachs are excellent. I didnt enjoy training under Ray at all.
    Stayed for a month and by the end I was doing zero grappling purely because I wasnt enjoying it.

Dont want to bash the guy as Im sure you could find plenty of people that would say hes a great guy and a great coach but personally I thought he was a bit of a dickhead.

If your looking to train pure grappling , I would think there would be way better places to train. If its Mauy Thai with a bit of grappling on the side your looking for then you could do worse than Tiger Muay Thai.