(GRAPHIC) Joe Lauzon Says His Face Is Getting Worse By The Day

Wish we could get more post fight pics of these guys. I know some of these dudes must like all hell days after the fight(like JDS).

damn joe took a beating in round 1, i didn't understand what was going on, on the feet

He looks like a Neanderthal in that last one. He needs to put ice on that shit.

Nice advice, wanna go tell Helen Keller to try opening her eyes next?

I always wonder what the plane ride home is like for a fighter who just got the crap beaten out of him. Most people in an airport aren't going to recognize Joe Lauzon and think "Oh, he's a professional fighter. He must have just had a fight". So I'd imagine a lot of stares and having to explain to people why he's got 2 black eyes and big gashes on his face.

Damn thats gnarly. Hope he heals up and comes back strong. One of my favorite guys to watch fight. At least he has some extra cash in his pocket from fotn bonus and tapping nick the tooth out 6 times in 3 minutes haha.

Looks about the same level of fucked up. Don't know that it looks worse

What ??how is that even possible? unless he's got an infection.

Swelling, moron. Also the development of the black eyes being more profound, you bad troll you.

LOL ok... first I`m probably the smartest guy on this planet. My mom keeps telling me so and second, I`ve been in fights and I've boxed. My face doens`t swell up worst by the third day. Espacially not if you ice it and do what ever else you supposed to do.

Once you wake up the next morning its supposed to start going down unless I still haven`t taken a proper beating yet. That`s probably because I`m the strongest guy in the world my girfriend keeps telling me that.

Spelling mistakes are because engrish is my 8th language ;)

it happened to me after a high kick i received during sparring.
the swelling went from the nose area to the eye socket/upper nose area and it looked pretty bad.
not a big deal, after ten days i was more sexy and beautiful than ever.

same thing for Dos Santos.
he looked ugly after the fight and Dana White said that he need months to recover, but that's a bullshit.
if he didn't have anything broken after a week he will be fine.

this is the list of the medical suspensions after UFC 155

Leonard Garcia – Suspended until 1/20; no contact until 1/13
Phil De Fries – Suspended until 1/20; no contact until 1/13
Todd Duffee – Suspended until 6/28 without clearance from orthopedist (left knee); minimum suspension until 2/28; no contact until 2/13 (forehead laceration)
Michael Johnson – Suspended until 6/28 without clearance by a doctor (left hand); minimum suspension until 1/20; no contact until 1/13 (right ear laceration)
Melvin Guillard – Suspended until 2/13; no contact until 1/29 (right shin laceration)
Jamie Varner – Suspended until 2/28; no contact until 2/13
Byron Bloodworth – Suspended until 2/28; no contact until 2/13 (scalp laceration)
Brad Pickett – Suspended until 1/20; no contact until 1/13
Eddie Wineland – Suspended until 1/29; no contact until 1/20 (lacerations)
Yushin Okami – Suspended until 1/13; no contact until 1/9
Alan Belcher – Suspended until 6/28 without clearance from doctor (right mandible) and orthopedist (right knee); minimum no contact until 2/28
Tim Boetsch – Suspended until 6/28 without clearance by doctor (nasal fractures); minimum suspension until 2/13; no contact until 1/29
Joe Lauzon – Suspended until 2/28; no contact until 2/13 (multiple deep facial/forehead lacerations)
Junior dos Santos – Suspended until 2/13; no contact until 1/29
Cain Velasquez – Suspended until 2/13; no contact until 1/29

source

Belcher hurt his jaw during the fight and Okami barely thrown a punch, while Dos Santos doesn't have nothing.

Strange, how some things look to be getting better, like the bad cut (well looks the same about), and the purple swollen left ear is healed.

But why did his eyes all the sudden swell up underneath on day 3? Maybe he isn't taking care of the swelling with ice as much as possible? Or maybe this is a normal occurance? I'm not a Cutman, or a doctor , but yea, Day 3 and day one some very odd changes.

Day two the pic is poorquality so meh. But yea He's a trooped for hanging in there, when he dropped down for the scissor TD into leg lock (was beautiful) but you could see blood pooring out on the mat. I also heard cageside it was just squirting out at one point. Tough dude. Always fun to watch, Miller too of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back