Grants new facebar headgear

SkribbLe

Orange Belt
Reaction score
They shelled out pictures of the headgear on their Facebook page. Now judging from the pictures, here's what I can tell-

Pros
All leather construction
Long life
Endless possibilities on color combinations
Lace up (I prefer laces over Velcro)
It doesn't seem to be a one size fits all.

Cons
If it's anything like their previous headgear, it's going to be as stiff as a log at first, but it'll soften up nicely over time.
The eardrum could be better padded
Buckle strap. (now this could be a pro for others, but I prefer the plastic clip by winning)
The bar seems low enough to wear it might give poor vision downstairs.
The bar seems a little too far out and not compact. (a pro if you have a big nose)

nq3ekw.jpg

it'll be cheaper to buy plane tickets to los angeles for two than to buy that headgear unfortunately

yes, that's true. they do have quality equipment but the prices are unreal. Sometimes I feel Grant is more of a name then anything else.

it'll be cheaper to buy plane tickets to los angeles for two than to buy that headgear unfortunately

Or

Fly to Mexico City. Track down Juan. Visit JC Pacheco, Zepol, Campeon, etc., and get yourself some custom fitted headgear.

I think grant makes extremely mediocre protective gear for the price. At that point I'd probably just get cough up the extra for a fg5000. Only thing I would ever consider getting from them would be gloves.

I think it looks pretty cool. I used to have the Grant mexican style headgear and I liked it a lot, somehow managed to snag it on Ebay for about $80 a few years ago.

It would be interesting to see the price for this.

Apparently they don't make it anymore. Pics of my friend and his gold and white headgear:

He's got a small head. Big nose though. Weighs about 130 lbs, 5' 8". This is the regular size, and they do a bigger one as well.

Just emailed Grant. They're not offering the facesavers anymore apparently.

Back