Grant won't be fighting Pettis next

That sucks, but if he isn't fully recovered from his concussion, it's the right call.

Josh Thompson or RDA are the only ones that could step up without any type of reshuffling.

Melendez if they scrap the Diego bout, or the Aldo super fight.

i hope they dont scrap the melendez fight...i want to see him smash diego before getting another title shot

The opponent is pretty obvious when you think about it.

mirbarn.jpg

Its the fight that makes the most sense

Ive seen about 5 ppl mention they hope its not a 3rd fight with Bendo...

Dana made it pretty clear that fight isnt happening anytime soon if ever.

His twitter says he wont be fighting Pettis on Dec 14th, not that he would not fight Pettis next, for fucks sake people.

Good attention to detail...let's hope that's the case and the fight is just pushed out to the right.

I think if you get injured when number 1 contender you should have to fight again before you get your title shot if others are in line. It's not fair to the rest of the contenders to wait because you was fucking injured

I think if you get injured when number 1 contender you should have to fight again before you get your title shot if others are in line. It's not fair to the rest of the contenders to wait because you was fucking injured

shhhhh! dont say that! karo parysian is gonna get you tonight, better sleep with your eyes open

Given how this is the card they're going to try to turn Pettis into a big name with, he's definitely going to be fighting someone. Like...anybody.

Cody fucking McKenzie could get a title shot if it means keeping Pettis on this card.

That's why Pettis will fight another opponent.

This would be the perfect time to do Aldo/Pettis.

I don't think Aldo will accept for some reason.

theyre either going to pull melendez from the sanchez fight or josh thomson.

Well either they delay Pettis vs. Grant (probably the scenario that will happen) or they put Aldo, RDA or Thomson in there. Aldo makes sense marketing wise of course but who knows if he'd be ready by Dec. anyway. RDA and Thomson are the only ones who align schedule-wise.

Back