Grant Vs. Winning

Would any one of you recomend grants as fighting gloves. From what i have read everyone coments on how soft and protective they are but do they make good fight gloves. I lean more towards a horse hair reyes but just just want to get someone elses opinion

Would any one of you recomend grants as fighting gloves. From what i have read everyone coments on how soft and protective they are but do they make good fight gloves. I lean more towards a horse hair reyes but just just want to get someone elses opinion

From what do you actually assume Grant fight gloves are "soft and protective"? Yes, Winning 8/10 oz. gloves are more protective than other 8/10 oz. gloves, but Grant fight gloves are just typical fight punchers gloves, more or less like Reyes.

Grant only recently started making punchers glove models. I think Julio Cesar Chavez jr. Is the only person I've personally seen fighting in them

Grant only recently started making punchers glove models. I think Julio Cesar Chavez jr. Is the only person I've personally seen fighting in them

So you would call their previous 10 oz. fight gloves models significantly more protective comparing to Reyes?

worry i meant to ask that question about winning gloves. but i guess it will apply to grants as well. does grant make a horse hair fight glove?

So you would call their previous 10 oz. fight gloves models significantly more protective comparing to Reyes?

Grants was failing as a business.
A few years ago , they copied Reyes in style , added in the customization / fanciness , a more aggressive marketing / sponsorship and voila' !

So to answer your question , yes.

worry i meant to ask that question about winning gloves. but i guess it will apply to grants as well. does grant make a horse hair fight glove?

Yes and no. Winning 8 oz. / 10 oz. are absolutely different from any other gloves of this oz. weight, they have exceptionally protective padding, moreover the same padding as their training gloves. Due to this Grant and Winning 8 oz./10 oz. can hardly be compared. As far as I know and is mentioned above by SkribbLe Grant now make horsehair fight gloves too.

Actually the video I linked at the top of the page is the first one where I have seen Klitschko using Winning gloves. He is always pictured using Grant in training.

Actually the video I linked at the top of the page is the first one where I have seen Klitschko using Winning gloves. He is always pictured using Grant in training.

Maybe not always using Grants in training. I'll give you that he uses Grant and Winning when hitting the bag, but when sparring and hitting the mitts he uses the Ringside RPE 20 or 18 oz. with the elastic sleeve cut off.

2s1xd8h.jpg

ngu1ya.jpg

sn334k.jpg

2cmsv47.jpg

I had a pair of Grant Pro Fight Gloves. The only other fight gloves I've used were from smaller brands here in the UK like Ringside(UK) and BBE, although I've worn and felt Cleto Reyes horsehair fight gloves a few times for what that's worth.

The Grants are form-fitting and accomodate long fingers and different shaped hands well. You can make a good fist in them and like some other fight gloves their natural position is for the palm to be open with the effort being made to close your fist, rather than to open it like in most training gloves and AIBA gloves. The wrist support is also pretty decent for 10oz (I had 10s not 8s).

They have quite a silky lining and are just very comfortable and well made. I'd say they're reasonably protective and quite compact as you'd expect.

Your knuckles won't come crashing through them in the same way that they would in Reyes. The leather that Reyes use is also softer than that of Grants.

That's what I thought anyway from my limited experience with them.

Grants also have horsehair fight gloves now which have a satin Grant label on the cuff, I believe. I think their regular contest gloves are a combination.

Not to mention that whenever Mayweather isn't in front of the cameras for 24/7 or open gym days, he's always using Winnings. He also has a full Winning set up for when he spars.

Back