Grant Vs. Winning

ElvisFan9889

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Since winning Jacked up their prices, I was debating whether to get 10 oz winning gloves, OR 10 oz Custom Grant pro fight gloves

Since the price went up, they would be about the same amount of money

any thoughts?

Grant: 300 plus 18 shipping

Winning: 275 plus shipping

I can't compair them to Grant, but My friend just picked up a pair of 16oz Winning and they are very very nice. I have a pair of 14oz Cleto Reyes that I technique spar with and the 14oz Reyes actually have thicker padding than the 16oz Winning. What is different is the density of the padding and the flexibility of the leather. The winning are much softer and the leather flexes much easier than my Cleto Reyes.

I have Grant 16oz. and Winning 14oz., the Winning gloves are much more comfortable. You are asking about the Grant pros though, and they are different than the Grant training. I actually have a pair of 10oz. custom grant pro fight gloves(yellow/red/green) coming in soon. I can give you a little comparison. the gloves sizes between the Winnings I have and the Grants I will be getting are different, but I can compare comfort, stitching, materials, etc.

screenshot20120108at112.png

Nice gloves RSK!! I'm very interested to see a comparison between the two!

I have Grant 16oz. and Winning 14oz., the Winning gloves are much more comfortable. You are asking about the Grant pros though, and they are different than the Grant training. I actually have a pair of 10oz. custom grant pro fight gloves(yellow/red/green) coming in soon. I can give you a little comparison. the gloves sizes between the Winnings I have and the Grants I will be getting are different, but I can compare comfort, stitching, materials, etc.

screenshot20120108at112.png
Nice. Looks like a Portugal flag theme.

I've tried on a pair of 10 oz winnings and 10 oz stock grant pro fight gloves, and one thing I noticed was that the grant padding was very, very hard, though I can't comment on how much they break in. I did read or hear somewhere that the custom grants use an orthopedic foam padding, so that might be something to keep in mind/look into.

Thanks. I'll give an update as soon as they come in.

Nice. Looks like a Portugal flag theme.

Thank you. I believe they are to represent the Guyanese flag, though I'm sure many countries share the same color. They were used by cruiserweight champ, Wayne Braithewaite.

I've tried on a pair of 10 oz winnings and 10 oz stock grant pro fight gloves, and one thing I noticed was that the grant padding was very, very hard, though I can't comment on how much they break in. I did read or hear somewhere that the custom grants use an orthopedic foam padding, so that might be something to keep in mind/look into.

I was told that the orthopedic cost extra, on top of the custom color cost.

Ah, bummer. I'm wondering how much extra they're looking for? Anyhow, Grant does make some amazing looking customs, some of the stuff they've made special for the pros is insane.

Ah, bummer. I'm wondering how much extra they're looking for? Anyhow, Grant does make some amazing looking customs, some of the stuff they've made special for the pros is insane.

They do make some beautiful custom gloves. I was just going through my email, it was 16oz. gloves with ortho that I was quoted 350-450. That was almost 1.5 years ago.

^^^^ That is absolutely disgustingly awesome.

The purple snake skin fight gloves are falling to pieces though, padding popping out everywhere. They still look great though.

what do you mean? they look fine . . . btw they are crocodile not snake

Look closer, where the thumb attachement is sewn to the rest of the glove. You can see the tears where the padding is coming out pretty clearly, but then again no glove lasts forever, especially when you train as much as pbf.

I think that's the golden lining overexposed by light.

Actually I think you're right now that I have that in mind. I thought it was padding as I could see a "tear" on the left glove (right hand) just below the thumb while there was none below the thumb on the glove to the right.

I never get tired of looking at photos of crazy expensive gloves. Makes me green with envy =D

I remember being able to get Grants for around $100, great gloves for the $, then they jacked up their prices to compete with winning, which in my opinion makes a much more comfortable, protective glove. I would go for Winning any day over Grant, especially if the prices are comparable.

Still waiting on the gloves to arrive. Just looked at the shipping estimate, 01/12/12 - 01/26/12.:icon_sad:

I disagree. I reckon the material has torn, that's a very common stress point on gloves because of the squeezing of the fists during punching.

I could be wrong though. :cool:

Back