Grant Competition Headgear (For Training)?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by BrokenNose, Aug 20, 2010.

1. BrokenNose

BrokenNose Orange Belt

Grant Competition Headgear-www.Ringside.com

[​IMG]

It's 50% off at $50 right now. Is this a good idea, to use it for training? I don't think I'll compete in the future, but it's not impossible. How good is it? What's the difference between training headgear and competition?

$50 for good headgear is very tempting for me. It seems everything has to be at least $100 to be worth my money.

I've got $25 Title headgear right now. Horrifying. I want the next upgrade to be a good step up.

2. Timm S

Timm S Yellow Belt

Oops put my response in the wrong thread. Sorry

3. chokeingvictim

chokeingvictim Brown Belt

ive heard story's of grant boxing gloves splitting at the seams

ive owned a pair of of title classic gloves that splitted at the seams i shudder thinking about wearing headgear from those companys

go with everlast head gear sometimes they sell the mma one for cheap it works well for sparring in boxing

4. SUBfighterIL

SUBfighterIL Blue Belt

I heard a lot of good things about Fairtex headgear. I own a Twins and its great.

5. acsubie**

acsubie** Orange Belt

I have this headgear and am not too impressed with it, have average size head, went with the XL and the top of the headgear still feels uncomfortably tight. Even with the top string very loose. Also seems with the way the headgear is cut, my vision is not as very good. I much prefer my title gel headgear

6. BrokenNose

BrokenNose Orange Belt

Alright, thanks. I'll continue on my conquest for good headgear in the future.