Grand Jury report on Catholic Church sex abuse in Pennsylvania

From what I have read celibacy does not have any links to pedophilia. If celibacy were the problem you would see lots of priests having affairs with parishoners heterosexual or otherwise.

A man attracted to other men or to women who is celibate does not pop due to sexual tension and have sex with a boy...

Pedophiles are the problem here AND the very strange but almost universal tendency to cover it up. The degree of shame and anger and hurt that goes along with sexual abuse just seems to be something that many people , not all, find so horrifying to deal with that cover up seems the better choice.

Unfortunately the secrecy around it is exactly how this sickness survives. The Catholic leadership thought to avoid the scandal by hiding it-- well how is that working out.for.them?

What exactly are the advantages of this celibacy policy? I'm from a Catholic family myself and I've always been creeped out by these guys. How can they dispense advice in the community, how can they counsel couples on their marriage for example, when they live such a bizarre lifestyle? I don't think at all that it's a coincidence that so many priests turn out to be pervs. In precious eras when bachelors would be looked at with suspicion, the priest's collar was a perfect cover.

Edit: As for how the policy of cover ups have worked for them, well it worked a lot better for them than it has the victims. Yea there's a headline here and there but most of them escape real punishment, and not enough Catholics are leaving the fold to effect their bottom line, which of course is their main concern. So yea, it's worked out very well for them.

As a Catholic, at this point I don't see any other choice than to treat the Catholic Church as organized crime, and slap them with RICO.

There should be lots of life sentences going around, and the pope should be called in before a court. Sorry that your organization actively covers up and protects rapist, aiding them in raping as much kids as possible.

I wouldn't let one cent from Catholic organizations go the Vatican, until the pope, Cardinals and other senior leadership show up in court and explain why they KNOWINGLY and aided these crimes for decades.

Until then freeze Catholic church assets.
This shit is insane.

What exactly are the advantages of this celibacy policy? I'm from a Catholic family myself and I've always been creeped out by these guys. How can they dispense advice in the community, how can they counsel couples on their marriage for example, when they live such a bizarre lifestyle? I don't think at all that it's a coincidence that so many priests turn out to be pervs. In precious eras when bachelors would be looked at with suspicion, the priest's collar was a perfect cover.

I practiced celibacy for over ten years willingly in my marriage. My spiritual director is a Catholic priest and Trappist monk.

I personally think it is sad that so many people have lost touch with deep spirituality to the point where they can't see the value in it.

It is possible to become so focused on God alone and the service of humanity that you have regular direct contact with (i don't know what to call it that would make people understand) -- with power, and light, and angelic beings. People who do this can deeply transform the lives of others and enter places and states of being that would astound many people.

The path of celibacy is designed to leave no distractions or concerns that could detract from that pursuit. The monk who I go to see is extreemly holy and advanced spiritually.

As for the bottom line not being effected you are wrong about that. This has hurt the church deeply. It need to though.... The more the better IMO.

The Catholic Church is not a church you want to be in. A lot of major things wrong in theology. And with wrong theology, you get weak Christians spiritually.

Plus the pedophilia problem they've had in that church.

I practiced celibacy for over ten years willingly in my marriage. My spiritual director is a Catholic priest and Trappist monk.

I personally think it is sad that so many people have lost touch with deep spirituality to the point where they can't see the value in it.

It is possible to become so focused on God alone and the service of humanity that you have regular direct contact with (i don't know what to call it that would make people understand) -- with power, and light, and angelic beings. People who do this can deeply transform the lives of others and enter places and states of being that would astound many people.

The path of celibacy is designed to leave no distractions or concerns that could detract from that pursuit. The monk who I go to see is extreemly holy and advanced spiritually.

As for the bottom line not being effected you are wrong about that. This has hurt the church deeply. It need to though.... The more the better IMO.

I legitimately feel sorry for you. You are deep down the rabbit hole. Wow.

All assets must be frozen. There are so many victims, there needs to be a way to make sure the Catholic Church doesn't weasel thier way out of paying billions they owe to the victims.

All of these victims should sue the Catholic Church individually. After all the child rape the Catholic Church has done, I would LOVE to see the Catholic Church raped viciously in court.

I legitimately feel sorry for you. You are deep down the rabbit hole. Wow.

I don't feel sorry for you but I instead just feel a deep acceptance of the diverse ways of living people find. Live and let live.

I might buy this mentality more from some monks living a life of poverty off in some temple in the mountains or whatever, but the Catholic Church to me is filled with such luxury, such decadence. So much gold everywhere, so invloved in high finance and politics. They seem far too concerned with the material world to gain any benefits of enforced celibacy. I personally think that's a major factor in why so many of them turn out to be sexual predators.

The Catholic Church is not a church you want to be in. A lot of major things wrong in theology. And with wrong theology, you get weak Christians spiritually.

Plus the pedophilia problem they've had in that church.
Sure, King James, a huge tyrant got everything 100% correct without altering anything to his favor.
You sure put a lot of trust in dynastic European inbred royalty.

Please tell me what Christian sects are 100% factually correct about and where Catholics are wrong, and please use undisputed facts to PROVE this and not your beliefs.

I'll wait for your facts to prove your brand of Christianity is the truest most accurate form.

I might buy this mentality more from some monks living a life of poverty off in some temple in the mountains or whatever, but the Catholic Church to me is filled with such luxury, such decadence. So much gold everywhere, so invloved in high finance and politics. They seem far too concerned with the material world to gain any benefits of enforced celibacy. I personally think that's a major factor in why so many of them turn out to be sexual predators.

I'd be glad to see any research you have linking pedophilia with celibacy . It is my understanding that all research shown no connection.

The rest of your post is not so far of IMO. I have met many good priests but not enough exceedingly holy ones. I have met some though.

What exactly are the advantages of this celibacy policy?

Holier-than-thou attitude. Same with the non-competitive TMA crowd: "I've dedicated my life learning under sensei this-and-that for over ten years!" When you're in full time service of the Lord, you expect some respect, and maybe some benefits... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I don't feel sorry for you but I instead just feel a deep acceptance of the diverse ways of living people find. Live and let live.

You accept the lifestyle of tribal headhunters also? What about cannibals? Or organized crime? Or the prevalent Indian subculture of 'women are meant to be raped?'

Indulgences, m'boy, indulgences. Having a country all their own, paying for their own Swiss guards...

Sure, King James, a huge tyrant got everything 100% correct without altering anything to his favor.
You sure put a lot of trust in dynastic European inbred royalty.

Please tell me what Christian sects are 100% factually correct about and where Catholics are wrong, and please use undisputed facts to PROVE this and not your beliefs.

I'll wait for your facts to prove your brand of Christianity is the truest most accurate form.
Nobody gets it all right with theology.

My favorite is John MacArthur. And he said this, "I know that there are some things wrong with my theology, but if I knew what they were, I'd change it." I think MacArthur gets the most things right. And the Catholic Church is way off the mark.

Holier-than-thou attitude. Same with the non-competitive TMA crowd: "I've dedicated my life learning under sensei this-and-that for over ten years!" When you're in full time service of the Lord, you expect some respect, and maybe some benefits... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You accept the lifestyle of tribal headhunters also? What about cannibals? Or organized crime? Or the prevalent Indian subculture of 'women are meant to be raped?'

Your post is so stupid it's hardly worth replying too. What are you even trying to say? Live and let live is bad? Who fucking brought up headhunters?

Nobody gets it all right with theology.

My favorite is John MacArthur. And he said this, "I know that there are some things wrong with my theology, but if I knew what they were, I'd change it." I think MacArthur gets the most things right. And the Catholic Church is way off the mark.
Dodge noted

Your beliefs are your beliefs, there is nothing factual to it, and claiming others are wrong with a holier than thou attitude makes you look silly.

Your post is so stupid it's hardly worth replying too. What are you even trying to say? Live and let live is bad? Who fucking brought up headhunters?

Here:

If Hitler and I were alive in the same time period, no way in hell would I let him live. I wouldn't allow his way of living to propagate and exist.

When somebody tells you that you did a mistake (and living in one as well) and your rebuttal is asking for 'tolerance' by saying you tolerate (generalized) others and thus you deserve some as well, that 'others' include those who don't deserve that tolerance. No shit, holier-than-thou attitude.

Dodge noted

Your beliefs are your beliefs, there is nothing factual to it, and claiming others are wrong with a holier than thou attitude makes you look silly.
I'm not holier than anyone. My good works are like filthy rags to the Father in Heaven.

But I do my best to proclaim the Truth.

I'm not holier than anyone. My good works are like filthy rags to the Father in Heaven.

But I do my best to proclaim the Truth.
Right but you don't know the truth or you could easily prove it with facts.

You have your faith and your beliefs, and I would wager to say if you took the two greatest Christians of all time(outside of Jesus of course) and compared all of their beliefs, that they wouldn't be exactly the same. Their would be some slight differences.

These white men are as bad as the muslim grooming gangs. Scumbags!

It's worse probably.

We're talking about centuries of systemic child abuse conducted under the guise of charity and God while being subsidized by the state.

Back