Grand Jury report on Catholic Church sex abuse in Pennsylvania

How anybody still goes to that church is amazing, would people use any other organization that acts as a dating service for Pedos?

Completely irrelevant to what I was replying to. And I despise organized religion more than most.

It could not be more relevant to the post you quoted. The organization is corrupt from top to bottom. I don't give a fuck how much "charity" they do, they're raping children and covering it up. The amount of "charity" they do is irrelevant to that point, bro.

It could not be more relevant to the post you quoted. The organization is corrupt from top to bottom. I don't give a fuck how much "charity" they do, they're raping children and covering it up. The amount of "charity" they do is irrelevant to that point, bro.

Nah, you're being a dumb shit.

The guy suggested that their stuff be given to charity. They already do a fuck tonne of charity, and not the cardinals, the over 2 billion Catholics in the world do it through their funding... Clicking that institution out of existence instantly, theoretically would actually lead to a lot more suffering in the world.

Millions of years of evolution gave you a brain -- use it, properly rather than devolving to the most basic argument: BUT THEY'RE RAPING KIDS DESTROY EVERYTHING.

They also murder and rape in Islam, it's actually part of their religion and doctrine, look what happens when you destroy their institutions and dictators e.g. Iraq. Total chaos.

The guy suggested that their stuff be given to charity. They already do a fuck tonne of charity, and not the cardinals, the over 2 billion Catholics in the world do it through their funding... Clicking that institution out of existence instantly, theoretically would actually lead to a lot more suffering in the world.

Millions of years of evolution gave you a brain -- use it, properly rather than devolving to the most basic argument: BUT THEY'RE RAPING KIDS DESTROY EVERYTHING.

They also murder and rape in Islam, it's actually part of their religion and doctrine, look what happens when you destroy their institutions and dictators e.g. Iraq. Total chaos.

<mma2>

Amazes me that the blind followers still send their young boys to be alone with these monsters.
Surely there's a very large rug to sweep this under.

The Church should be raided, from the Vatican to every corner of its presence. Take ALL of their documents and freeze ALL of their assets.
Auction it off and distribute it first to the victims, then to the poor.
Fuck yes

I dont understand how there isnt a response.

If this happened to me or my child, something would happen. Something chaotic. I dont understand how this goes on. The power of brainwashing? Doesn't make sense to me

I love it. A catholic using Islam to justify institutional rape. Bravo

I love it. A catholic using Islam to justify institutional rape. Bravo

lol what are you even saying? I'm guessing you think you're ...smart?

I'm not a catholic, nor am I religious.

The worst part of this is the Church leadership knew about it all along and protected the offenders, real men of god.

The best part is how he compared the Catholic Church to Iraq.

Haha.. do you fools know how much charity the catholic church does in southern Africa for example? The hospitals are largely funded by the Catholic church, the mobile care, the meds, etc. Millions of people would die if that institution was removed overnight. I'm guessing none of you are doctors (or remotely in that intellectual ballpark).

Nobody is excusing child rape, the leadership should be gutted, but the Catholic church - and millions of Catholics do insurmountable amounts of charity for people all over the globe, unlike Islamic charities for example that only help Muslims.

Just another group of angry atheists getting their vengeance against the world.

Haha.. do you fools know how much charity the catholic church does in southern Africa for example?

Perhaps there is something weighing heavy on their conscience in Africa? Their position on birth control (aids is bad, but not as bad as condoms) has caused an unimaginable amount of pain and suffering.

more stupid apologetic bullshit

<DisgustingHHH>

Perhaps there is something weighing heavy on their conscience in Africa? Their position on birth control (aids is bad, but not as bad as condoms) has caused an unimaginable amount of pain and suffering.

Again, the Catholic Church has done more charity for billions of people than anyone else. That includes you, your family and your entire bloodline.

You’ve watched way too many Hitchens videos. I know your type. Angry atheist.

That being said, i don’t buy the argument that religion is responsible for aids and all of the suffering in Africa. If people are so devout that they’d listen to a catholic decree not to use condoms, then surely they wouldn’t be going in raw with every second person so frequently. It’s more complicated than that.

The Catholic Church saves millions of people every year in Africa with their charity. That’s the point which you’ve somehow turned into a petty argument. Nobody is denying the horrors inflicted either.

Again, the Catholic Church has done more charity for billions of people than anyone else. That includes you, your family and your entire bloodline.

You’ve watched way too many Hitchens videos. I know your type. Angry atheist.

That being said, i don’t buy the argument that religion is responsible for aids and all of the suffering in Africa. If people are so devout that they’d listen to a catholic decree not to use condoms, then surely they wouldn’t be going in raw with every second person so frequently. It’s more complicated than that.

The Catholic Church saves millions of people every year in Africa with their charity. That’s the point which you’ve somehow turned into a petty argument. Nobody is denying the horrors inflicted either.

Obviously you didn't get it the first time, so lets try again.

<DisgustingHHH>

Again?

th

Didn't see a thread on this so apologies if there was one, but I thought this was disturbing and sadly typical of the Catholic Church, which a lot of times seems more like some kind of money laundering pedo-cult than anything else. In Pennsylvania they just had a grand jury release a report on predatory priests and the coverups by the Church in that state going back to the 40s. They concluded that over 1000 kids had been molested by over 300 priests and covered up by high-ranking church officials over 70 years. Who knows what the real number is, and that's excluding Philly and Altoona-Johnstown dioceses because they had their own grand juries, for fuck's sake.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/14/us/catholic-church-sex-abuse-pennsylvania.html

There's some really infuriating shit in there.

I'm just now reading through the actual report and already my blood is boiling because you see a lot of the actual correspondence from bishops and other higher-ups covering for the sick fucks. Lying to the victims, etc it's impossible to spin some of this shit.

http://media-downloads.pacourts.us/InterimRedactedReportandResponses.pdf?cb=42148

We see it again and again with the Church. We also see it other places, some places that you have a lot of money, power, prestige, patronage, politicking etc you get these situations where men are abusing children and their crimes are ignored or actively covered up. Saville, Sandusky, Hollywood, the list goes on. There must be tons of evil shit that we don't know about all over the world. A constant theme among these is that it only comes out years or decades after, sometimes when it's too late to do anything to certain offenders (Saville the ultimate example) or others who covered it up. It seems very convenient with the timing sometimes and also it seems like big shots who covered up for these monsters a lot of time face NO real consequence, like what's happening here.

Authority figures who actively and demonstrably protected men who they knew had molested children, like some of these senior Church officials, need to be executed. I don't care if it's been 50 years. The Church itself is fucked, we have seen all over the world that priests who molest children will be moved around and even can move up in the Church, like this Cardinal McCarrick. Imo the first thing they gotta do is get rid of the celibacy gimmick for priests. Only a weird fuck would commit to that so right off the bat you're increasing your chance of having sick pedos and molesters in your ranks. Other than that I don't know what to say, they need a massive purge and complete reorganization, actually a complete reformation if you will of their church but we all know there's waaaay too much dough involved for that to happen.

im_shocked.gif

As a semi Catholic I support the church getting burned down in the media and in the court of law. Many people are leaving the church over this widespread scandal. I don't blame them. The more consequences the better.

However as a follower of Catholic theology and especially the unbroken chain of saints from the time of Christ to the present I hope the church survives this scandal.

That some priests turned out to be pedophiles is not that shocking as all large organizations that deal with children attract them. Even the act of ignoring or covering sexual abuse up seems to be hardwired into humanities system. Families do it too.

For a religious organization to cover this up though is doubly sinful disgusting and wrong. They should face harsher consequences than others IMO.

I expect Tommy Robinson will be on the next flight over to protest this..... he's all about protecting kids apparently

As a semi Catholic I support the church getting burned down in the media and in the court of law. Many people are leaving the church over this widespread scandal. I don't blame them. The more consequences the better.

However as a follower of Catholic theology and especially the unbroken chain of saints from the time of Christ to the present I hope the church survives this scandal.

That some priests turned out to be pedophiles is not that shocking as all large organizations that deal with children attract them. Even the act of ignoring or covering sexual abuse up seems to be hardwired into humanities system. Families do it too.

For a religious organization to cover this up though is doubly sinful disgusting and wrong. They should face harsher consequences than others IMO.

As a Catholic do you think that the church should do away with the policy of restricting priests to celibacy? I think that they're just asking for trouble with that. They need to allow priests to marry, and allow women priests as well, and they need to do it right away imo.

As a Catholic do you think that the church should do away with the policy of restricting priests to celibacy? I think that they're just asking for trouble with that. They need to allow priests to marry, and allow women priests as well, and they need to do it right away imo.

From what I have read celibacy does not have any links to pedophilia. If celibacy were the problem you would see lots of priests having affairs with parishoners heterosexual or otherwise.

A man attracted to other men or to women who is celibate does not pop due to sexual tension and have sex with a boy...

Pedophiles are the problem here AND the very strange but almost universal tendency to cover it up. The degree of shame and anger and hurt that goes along with sexual abuse just seems to be something that many people , not all, find so horrifying to deal with that cover up seems the better choice.

Unfortunately the secrecy around it is exactly how this sickness survives. The Catholic leadership thought to avoid the scandal by hiding it-- well how is that working out.for.them?

Back