Granby Roll

TheIronGiraffe

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Over the past couple months I have been hearing quite a bit about Granby Roll set ups for sweeps and different attacks. I tried looking on ebay and there was some decent wrestling stuff but not so much submission grappling stuff. I've heard Ryan Hall does some cool stuff with it and LI's mass email mentions it...does anyone currently use it a lot or know of any resources relating to it? It looks like it has a ton of uses.

Granby works great in wrestling for escapes, would love to learn hot to use it for sweeps too

Over the past couple months I have been hearing quite a bit about Granby Roll set ups for sweeps and different attacks. I tried looking on ebay and there was some decent wrestling stuff but not so much submission grappling stuff. I've heard Ryan Hall does some cool stuff with it and LI's mass email mentions it...does anyone currently use it a lot or know of any resources relating to it? It looks like it has a ton of uses.

You can use the granby to place yourself on you shoulders to set up the upside down guard (Inverted Guard) or to stop some guard passes. I teach various versions of the granby such as the half granby or the seated granby. They are used mainly for stopping the guard passes.

Back