Graham Hancock and the ancient civilization theory

Do you think this theory is correct?

• Total voters
So at the same time they invested what domestication they were building super technical series of 20 ton beam beam structures? How far back are we gonna go here? There is 50 times as much under the ground unexcavated at Gobekli tepe as has already been excavated. Yes, it's 50 times the size of stone henge...6k years earlier. And way more sophisticated.

It shows that there was a people there that domesticated a species of wheat which gave them a surplus of food and let them take on other endeavors like GT. We have 2 fields of science converging on this. This is the kind of evidence most of us will need to believe in ancient civilizations.

This guy really bothers some people. Or at least his ideas do.

I always go back to how silly it is to assume that for the first 195k years we existed we just couldn't figure civilization out, but in the last 5k we finally got it.

I tried. I got 20 minutes in. Nothing wrong with what the BBC was saying from what I can tell, but it is very dated. 25 years of new discoveries that are not addressed here.

I mean, when that was made, was dinosaurs being killed by a meteor strike even accepted yet?

1999. But simply watch from minute 17 to minute 23 and you'll see that his reasoning skills go out the window to accommodate what he'd prefer to be correct.

What do you call a bracelet that is 40,000 years old using fixed drilling technology from a extinct humanoid species?

Because I call that supporting evidence.

Evidence you waived away.

That's the second time you have attributed actions to me that I didn't make.

I didn't make a claim without a supporting argument, and I didn't wave away any evidence.

I know I should be careful in how I engage with you lest you threaten me with your Sherdog posse again, but your posts are some blatantly dishonest shit.

Can anyone confirm if this is how this dude operates, or is this out of character for him?

It shows that there was a people there that domesticated a species of wheat which gave them a surplus of food and let them take on other endeavors like GT. We have 2 fields of science converging on this. This is the kind of evidence most of us will need to believe in ancient civilizations.
If your point is that these people, whoever they were, were clearly not hunter/gatherers, then point taken.

Did you know Gobekli Tepe is an artificially filled in site? Meaning human beings purposely buried it.

That's the second time you have attributed actions to me that I didn't make.

I didn't make a claim without a supporting argument, and I didn't wave away any evidence.

I know I should be careful in how I engage with you lest you threaten me with your Sherdog posse again, but your posts are some blatantly dishonest shit.

Can anyone confirm if this is how this dude operates, or is this out of character for him?

Who are you?

Never heard of you.

berry---------->

1999. But simply watch from minute 17 to minute 23 and you'll see that his reasoning skills go out the window to accommodate what he'd prefer to be correct.

I'm not sure if it was just editing but wow they made him look like a dishonest idiot in that show.

Damn it. I want to check it out, but that video won't let you skip. I even went to the original site, and let those assholes have cookies to try.

Someone who has a grasp on the fundamentals of logic. You should aspire to be more like me.

Also, lol at your join date.

Who would want to be a SJW chump, who doesn't have the balls to come in the WR but once in a blue moon?

Go play in the toddler sandbox son.

Expect to find? Why would we expect to find 15k year old coins and swords in this area? Whoever built GT didn't need coins and swords to develop the site but to develop something like a steam engine a civilization is going to need a lot more than what current scientists believe ancient man had. And so far there has been no convincing evidence/artifacts found that will support this idea.

The copper age came before the iron for a few reasons but mainly because copper melts at a lower point than iron and is easier to work with. Once copper was developed iron came later when man learned how to smelt at higher temperatures. These discoveries are all built on top of each other and it is extremely unlikely that a group would learn how to smelt iron before copper.
Yes, copper can also be found natively, iron is rarer, only from meteorites. I was reading a book called The Mastery and Use of Fire in Antiquity by J.E. Rehder. It goes in detail how much easier it's to work, with primitive methods, copper and bronze, even if that might not be true nowadays. Tin is rare and copper is not as common as iron, it's much more expensive too.
The Primitive Technology guy at youtube has been trying to smelt iron for a while and he is failing miserably. Meanwhile:

If your point is that these people, whoever they were, were clearly not hunter/gatherers, then point taken.

Did you know Gobekli Tepe is an artificially filled in site? Meaning human beings purposely buried it.

That's part of my point, the other part of my point is that civilization needs an excess of food/resources and tracing domestication of livestock and plants will give us an idea of when and where civilizations flourished.

As far as GT, ya I saw a few documentaries on it in the past.

That's part of my point, the other part of my point is that civilization needs an excess of food/resources and tracing domestication of livestock and plants will give us an idea of when and where civilizations flourished.

As far as GT, ya I saw a few documentaries on it in the past.
Same page.

Dude, you're claiming he's just making things up. He has specifically written thousands of pages with thousands of peer reviewed citations in them. It may be a circumstantial case but you calling him a "crackpot" is just ignorant.
I'll admit to not reading his research.

2lozc6.jpg

Back