Graham Hancock and the ancient civilization theory

Do you think this theory is correct?

• Total voters
I do think that theory is correct for explaining the history of modern society.

I just don't agree with Clovis first.

I give this theory credence because it does answer some questions, no one else seems to be able to explain, like why we see the 3rd eye in cultures around the world in what we once thought was the first societies. Very few theories could explain that, just as very few theories can explain that Denisovan bracelet.

Perhaps there are other explanations we just haven't found yet, but I find his explanations very compelling.

I know the issue of the Denisovan bracelet is very narrow, but would you agree that Hancock's theory should be considered the leading theory as of now, to explain the existence of that bracelet?

what culture has the first mention of the third eye ?

Egyptian I believe.

What makes it interesting is seeing the 3rd eye also in South America, and other continents.

it could be possible that without the fluoride in our water its much easier to crack the 3rd eye or attain the holy ghost, going to by certain theories anyway.

pagans were still quite spiritual so i dont think the 3rd eye is a good indicator of shared past cultural affinities.

besides alot of our predeccesors conducted mass slaughter of whole people or wiped out the male population and took the women for themselves.

what culture affinity we see today is usually because of bronze age indo-european invasions, india, persia, armenia, greece etc etc.

Last edited:
In an extinction level event, that humans were around for and probably got affected by in a MAJOR way, you really can't see how even the most basic things would be forgotten? The world literally fell apart. It would have been psychologically unimaginable even outside of anything else to see the world fundamentally turned upside down in the blink of an eye. Some areas of the planet were spared, namely parts of Saharan Africa where the greatest amount of large megafauna still exists, I suppose that is just an interesting aside though.

To further emphasize the extremity of the events we're describing that surround the Younger Dryas, the change in sea level is likely to be the culprit for why we haven't found the evidence Hancock is seeking. Just look at the DRASTIC difference in sea level change between the last glacial maximum 21k years ago and today. The amount of land loss from 400+ feet of sea level rise is staggering, and it's all on the coasts...where the majority of modern mega cities now exist (the coasts). Look at Indonesia between Asia and Australia...it's a fucking continent size land mass during the ice age that is just gone now. And to clarify, the sea level rise has not at all been linear over time, with particular spikes at 12.8k years ago and 11.6k years ago, with speculation I've read (not woo woo speculation either) of 30 feet in as little as a day...that is unimaginable chaos, especially juxtaposed with the modern hysteria over 3 meters in the next few hundred years due to climate change.

2zuKZPo.gif

wtf some places barely changed.

So I recommend watching the last video, over the others.

The pictures of scale of this event is what moved me on this.

Here is the theory for those unaware.

A meteor strike happened about 12,800 years ago. This wiped human civilization off the map. This is where the flood stories come from.

For those that remember my thread on the 40,000 year old Denisovan bracelet with fixed drilling technology, it is discussed in the top video.

I am interested in seeing a debunk of this, but I will note, I am no longer open to the Clovis first theory. I believe that has been completely debunked.

Discuss..........

Besides the Spynx and that place in Turkey, what other structures are from this lost civ?

Besides the Spynx and that place in Turkey, what other structures are from this lost civ?
Lots of stuff is being found underwater these days

It's likely many of the structures would have been buried deep in the sea in the event of a massive cataclysm. The Spynx itself had massive water erosion.

Id imagine far more has been discovered than is being told to the general public as well, especially with the deeper exploration of the ocean within the past decade

Rewriting history can happen pretty fast and there is a status quo to be protected.

it could be possible that without the fluoride in our water its much easier to crack the 3rd eye or attain the holy ghost, going to by certain theories anyway.

pagans were still quite spiritual so i dont think the 3rd eye is a good indicator of shared past cultural affinities.

besides alot of our predeccesors conducted mass slaughter of whole people or wiped out the male population and took the women for themselves.

what culture affinity we see today is usually because of bronze age indo-european invasions, india, persia, armenia, greece etc etc.
Can't say drinking only spring water has helped my 3rd eye open but there's prob been some subtle physical / energetic differences

But we don't have fluoride here either. The murican water situation is terrible. Everyone who can needs to hit up findAspring.com or get a 0.1 micron water filter

I'm open to the theory but Hancock seems to take the implementation way too far. Just because you find a handful of cases that appear to support a certain theory doesn't mean you trash the current prevailing theory that is backed by countless cases and millennia of data. Trying to push a theory before it is thoroughly vetted just makes you look like a nutjob.

I'm not sure, for example, that agriculture would have become "forgotten" right away. More likely, it became irrelevant for generations simply trying to seek out survival. Also, as in any society, if the wrong few people die, that's a wrap regarding specialized ideas.

I don't know how to grow crops...do you? I could use Google and figure it out, but if the same thing happened today that bookended the 1100 year Younger Dryas event, nobody would be googling shit, because mass electricity would cease in availability...for thousands of years.

Imagine living in the movie Waterworld for just 1 year, and still giving a fuck about farming techniques.

Just my 2 cents

Imagine living in the movie Waterworld for just 1 year, and still giving a fuck about farming techniques.

Just my 2 cents
Reasonable way to put it. Fuck farming, I'd be more interested in finding Dennis Hopper's eye and trying to figure out how I could get me some Costner gills.

I'm open to the theory but Hancock seems to take the implementation way too far. Just because you find a handful of cases that appear to support a certain theory doesn't mean you trash the current prevailing theory that is backed by countless cases and millennia of data. Trying to push a theory before it is thoroughly vetted just makes you look like a nutjob.
This is generally true in most areas of inquiry, but certain ideas Hancock ridicules are utterly deserving of it (overkill, pyramids as tombs, etc...) . There's a lot of popular ideas that are just antiquated and dumb.

Lots of stuff is being found underwater these days

It's likely many of the structures would have been buried deep in the sea in the event of a massive cataclysm. The Spynx itself had massive water erosion.

Id imagine far more has been discovered than is being told to the general public as well, especially with the deeper exploration of the ocean within the past decade

Rewriting history can happen pretty fast and there is a status quo to be protected.

I agree revising history is legit.

In this case, I an interested in seeing a lot more of these ancient structures to buy into this.

I am pleased to see Hancock's body of work move further into the realm of plausible and scientific. His earlier work (Fingerprints) was very sensationalist and pseudo-scientific.

I am also pleased to see him move away from the ancient aliens tree he was barking up to the ancient advanced human hypothesis. Far more credible with far more evidence. He is a brilliant man and seems genuine, so I'm glad he's being taken seriously now.

Back