Gracie Pro-Am Circuit website

[QUOTE most us not even sure if we still will be around for the next belt.[/QUOTE]

Lechien ....Don't tell me you are quitting BJJ....

[QUOTE most us not even sure if we still will be around for the next belt.

Lechien ....Don't tell me you are quitting BJJ....[/QUOTE]

Not quitting but my next belt might take longer than expected due to possible relocation.

I think we should let purples belt play the BB rules at training.

However, I would not trust some of the new blue with my knees and toes etc!

no shit.... no white or blues with knee bars, but purple up, the fuck with it... they should be allow.

where is the ankle lock? i just have to assume it is legit for all divisions.

"Any time Opponent A starts in full guard and passes Opponent B

I let blue belts do straight foot locks and I let my purples do knee bars, heel hooks and toe holds...but if they hurt someone I am going to be pissed off.

Lechien why are you relocating.......is it by choice or you looking for something different.

I let blue belts do straight foot locks and I let my purples do knee bars, heel hooks and toe holds...but if they hurt someone I am going to be pissed off.

Lechien why are you relocating.......is it by choice or you looking for something different.

I think its pretty important as well, to NOT allow your purples do knee bars or heel hooks on white belts, white belts might not known what they are dealing with in terms of heel hooks and knee bars, they might try to power out hurting themselves even worst... when they realized they've been heel hooked, it could probably be too late...

He told me there were too many black people where he lived....wait wut.

After hearing Kid Peligro speak negatively about this years World Championships I was hoping something would eventually come out that would but BJJ back on the right track. Sadly this looks like it isn't it.

After hearing Kid Peligro speak negatively about this years World Championships I was hoping something would eventually come out that would but BJJ back on the right track. Sadly this looks like it isn't it.

What did he say or where could I read what he said

Man he is right.....get rid of the advantage points. If neither fighter scores points the one with the most attack attempts wins....simple

hmm, how do you track the number of attack attempts if not by advantages (even if you restrict advantages to just be near submissions and exclude near sweeps, takedowns, guard passes etc).

Either make it scientific (by tracking advantages or whatever you want to call them) or ditch them and make it all gut feel decision by ref in the event of a tie.

funny how xande talks bad about stalling yet saulo was a staller himself.

im from a non gracie (either side) affiliated academy

I've heard alot of negative things from people in the Bjj community where i live saying very negative about 'El Presidente Carlos Gracie jr' and IBJJF .

Also i know a lot of schools that they will start to focus and favour Abu Dhabi BJJ pro rather than the mundials from now on....for all the reason you listed above + the selection process is much fairer.

can you elaborate on what make say that the selection is much fairer?

can you elaborate on what make say that the selection is much fairer?

well not getting into too much detail but... at the mundials you can be a white belt, enter and win your division, and be "world champion"

at least the Abu dhabi pro has qualifiers in each country.

In ad pro, the qualifiers get a free entries, you can still pay your way in

Back