Gracie challenge gone wrong ( anyone know the story?)

The comments posted stated the big guy punched the bjj instructor first but you cant see that in this version of the video. Just curious if anyone out there knows what's up?

Challenger is an idiot, BJJ instructor is a pos who should be in jail for that shit. He should know better.

Supposedly that video is like five years old…for what I read the one who was beaten was a former Ammy MMA fighter and tried to do the "Knockout Game" with the BJJ instructor, when he saw who he was asked him to come to his gym and face the consequences...that video is the end result of a supposedly 30 minute fight between them

No need for all the extra stuff. The man is clealy not a "mma fighter".

The new and real "Gracie Challenge" should be finding a riot and showing how effective they are against a squad of those Feds or local crash LEO's.

this is the "new normal" 2020!

Safely padded floors and pulling guard aren't an option in a crowed of running people.

P.S. That's why Kano Sensei banned NeWaza from competition....

settle down, just stuffing the pot....

Some of the chaos a few months ago made me double down on the concept of "effective".

Last edited:
The new and real "Gracie Challenge" should be finding a riot and showing how effective they are against a squad of those Feds or local crash LEO's.we

Safely padded floors and pulling guard aren't an option in a crowed of running people.

P.S. That's why Is no Sensei banned NeEds a from competition....

Some of the chaos a few months ago made me double down on the concept of "effective".

O soto gari is always effective. Always timeless.

And the key to destroying an armored opponent is to put them down on the ground.

Dangerous and unwise to street fight like that...you gain nothing through it. BJJ guy is lucky he didn't get concussed, and the other guy is lucky the BJJ instructor didn't decide to break a limb or a joint.

The stomps and soccer kicks seemed like a bit too much, dude was boned & done just from getting chocked out.

After hearing the back story I personally think it’s ok on the bjj instructors side. I mean he probably took a ton of damage on the feet. The instructors face was cut up lol. Also that big guy was huge and extremely durable. I wouldn’t just want to choke a guy out because you’re the guy who just took all the damage and that guy would get the easy way out. It’s a fight. Though the worst part was the unrelenting choking while the guy begs for his life lol. That dude was so huge those soccer kicks and stomps were less damaging than that guy just being gassed and sucking wind imo.

Both are obviously very stupid to fight in the first place though

After hearing the back story I personally think it’s ok on the bjj instructors side. I mean he probably took a ton of damage on the feet. The instructors face was cut up lol. Also that big guy was huge and extremely durable. I wouldn’t just want to choke a guy out because you’re the guy who just took all the damage and that guy would get the easy way out. It’s a fight. Though the worst part was the unrelenting choking while the guy begs for his life lol. That dude was so huge those soccer kicks and stomps were less damaging than that guy just being gassed and sucking wind imo.

Both are obviously very stupid to fight in the first place though

That's why after choking him out he could have applied a leglock or two. Choke out someone who did a lot of damage to you standing up is sure a way to win the battle but lose the war, apply a leglock or two, and if you want soccer kick and stomp too. But ye, stupid both of them. And of course, from a legal point of view (something I don't understand anything about), you can get screwed for overdoing it.

The new and real "Gracie Challenge" should be finding a riot and showing how effective they are against a squad of those Feds or local crash LEO's.we

P.S. That's why Is no Sensei banned NeEds a from competition....

That should always have been the 'Gracie challenge'. Or even just fighting on a hard surface ...

UFC 1-4 was a specially designed infomercial for BJJ and as we see 25 years later, a highly successful one.

So, after reading the followup article...

anyone surprised it was Chute Boxe?

I'd say he was lucky there weren't more soccer kicks, those are kinda their style.

I read the articles linked to the one posted. It seems that the BodyBuilder started the fight outside the gym. And the BJJ guy suggested they settle it in the gym.

Okay so far so good, the BJJ guy wants to take the fight to the gym rather than the street. Pretty smart if you ask me. The BodyBuilder accepts the challenge.

It seems they fought stand up for a while and then BJJ guy took a hit that made him want to take the fight to the ground and he dominated.

I am not really okay with him holding on to the choke but it does seem was not applying it full on because the bodybuilder surely would have passed out.

The soccer kicks and hammer fists seemed too much. But we do not know if the bodybuilder was owning him on the feet so maybe he wanted some revenge or at least make him think twice about getting back up.

My impression is that the BJJ guy was excessive in the punishment. At one point it was clear he would dominate and keeping a choke (I think not tight) when a guy quits is too much.

Nothing is more humiliating than acting tough and quitting once you get owned. I think the BJJ guy should have just stopped there. But I do not know exactly what happened before.

Back