Gracie Camp (Why or Why not?)

ragefactor

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've read a lot of good things about the camp since they re-opened, but a friend who went said it was a waste. Anyone knowing anything about he camp please share.

is it by Royce or Rorion?

I heard many times that Royce is a very classy individual but often times geared towards
more like a celebrity experience rather than really learning to fight.

I guess depends on what you want.

I believe Brandinho has been there before. THere are a couple of Gracie camp alumni that post here from time to time.

Sherdog_Mutt said:
I believe Brandinho has been there before. THere are a couple of Gracie camp alumni that post here from time to time.

Brandinho has indeed been there and has given me quite a bit of great info. I don't want to speak for him of course, but I beleive the majority of his feedback was positive.

I'm planning on making an extended trip to Brazil next spring/summer. The Gracie Camp seems like an unbelievable training facility, but the cost is exhorbinant. Upwards of $100 U.S a day. I'll take my chances elsewhere.

I think I prefer the Gracie Cruise!!
I heard lots of good things about that.

VampireMonk said:
I think I prefer the Gracie Cruise!!
I heard lots of good things about that.

Is it anything like the minnesota vikings cruise?

If i was older and had the time and money to go, I'd go even though its like 95$ a day. Only live once so might as well enjoy it and make the most out of it

It's not run by Rorion or Royce, but is run instead I believe under the auspices of Carlos Gracie Jr. (aka "Carlinhos") and may be affiliated with Gracie Barra. I thought you got to roll with the Gracie Barra school, including rolling with head instructor Marcio Feitosa. I think that's the same one that I saw on an onthemat.com video magazine.

johil d'o said:
It's not run by Rorion or Royce, but is run instead I believe under the auspices of Carlos Gracie Jr. (aka "Carlinhos") and may be affiliated with Gracie Barra. I thought you got to roll with the Gracie Barra school, including rolling with head instructor Marcio Feitosa. I think that's the same one that I saw on an onthemat.com video magazine.

Yeah Gracie Camp is run by Carlinhos. It is affiliated with Gracie Barra and you do get to roll at the Gracie Barra school. However, Feitosa is no longer the head instructor at Barra. Gordo is now running things in Rio.

Check it out at:

www.graciecamp.net

Sherdog_Mutt said:
Yeah Gracie Camp is run by Carlinhos. It is affiliated with Gracie Barra and you do get to roll at the Gracie Barra school. However, Feitosa is no longer the head instructor at Barra. Gordo is now running things in Rio.

Check it out at:

www.graciecamp.net

Feitosa is in california.. Los angeles i think.

Hey everybody. Thanks for throwing my name down!!! J/K, always here to help. I had a great fucking time. Here is where I think you will benefit. If you are going solo, speak 0 Portugu

KAN said:
he's in Lake forest,ca in orange county

Yeah... Feitosa is the head instructor at GB USA in Lake Forest, CA (1 hr south of LA). Piu Piu is also teaching there.

Gracie Camp sounds awesome. I'm currently trying to work out my schedule so I'd get to go in the Spring of 2007. I already got the wife's approval. The BTT camp and Felipe Costa's (Brasa) camp look good too. I'm having a hard time deciding which one to do. Anyone know what those other camps are like? They all really look awesome.

Gracie Camp: www.graciecamp.net
Brasa Camp: http://www.brazilianblackbelt.locaweb.com.br/site/camp_novo.asp
BTT Camp: www.jiujitsucamp.com

Thanks for all the info Brandinho.

What time of year did you go? With the weather in Brazil do they ever have a cool season?

ragefactor said:
Thanks for all the info Brandinho.

What time of year did you go? With the weather in Brazil do they ever have a cool season?

I went in January which is their summer (ver

infamous mattyd said:
shit, its not just the traing you pay for, so it is well worth it

Exactly. The training alone is well worth the cost. The food, bed, and lodging are freebies IMO. This shit sort of sells itself.

Back