Grabbing the Fence

drikit

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Do you any of you wish that they would stop issuing warning for fence grabbing and just make it an automatic point deduction? I think guys know well enough now that warnings for it should be stopped.

no, one fence grab should not cause you to lose a fight(Which a one point deduction can).

Now if you commit 15 fence grabs, i.e. Prado vs Davis, that should be a point deduction.

Just give the refs cattle prods to shock their hands when they grab the fence.

well nah because then it would mean that SOMETIMES a fighter would get a point deduced when he wasnt really grabbing the fence and that the ref made a mistake.

But I cant stand the ''Dont grab the fence XXXX, dont grab the fence...I said dont grab the fence...dont grab it.'' Like repeating it 5 times in a row without consequences.

A kick to the nut will hurt more and it doesn't call for an automatic deduction, why would a simple human reflex of grabbing something when they are falling be deducted instantly?

Yellow cards and purse deductions for every fence grab. People just aren learning

Boetsch did it a bunch against Consta. He also grabbed his shorts too. He wasn't quick to let either go even at Kim's constant commands. I don't think he respected her as a ref in that bout at all.

This is where I stand on it. I mean, you know you can do it twice and be ok. So, if you can stuff two takedowns by fence grabbing, you do it.

Yellow cards and purse deductions for every fence grab. People just aren learning

Make it legal to only grab it with one hand.
This is dumb. You shouldn't be able to negate takedowns by your ability to hold on to something.

I have no answer for the fence grabs but it's reaching a point where we can't let it continue the way it is. People know they have no repercussions for grabbing it.

Do you any of you wish that they would stop issuing warning for fence grabbing and just make it an automatic point deduction? I think guys know well enough now that warnings for it should be stopped.

i think like 3-4 times should be a point ded..

When Aldo grabbed the fence against mendes and it clearly helped him from getting taken down he should gotten a point deduction OR reset on the floor with mendes on top.

Why don't they make the fencing gaps tighter so you can't grab it?

If it affects the momentum of a technique and possibly influences the outcome of a round, then the ref is supposed to and should take a point. No need to warn them. Warning should be for incidental grabs or grabs that don't influence the outcome of the round.

2606202_o.gif

Cool got to use that gif twice on the front page! You sir have never been tackled, dragged to the ground, etc. You kind of do all you can to avoid it, it's a natural response.

Back