Economy Gov't employees told to host garage sales, babysit to deal with shutdown

Trump is shitting on the country over not getting his way. Worse potus of all time!
I don't disagree with some of the things he wants, like better security at the border, I just do not agree with how he expects to get there.

I got a similar thing in my email at work. Since I'm an essential employee, I can't seek outside work. I am forced to work this job, for no pay.

I'd be raiding the supply closets, the janitor's closet, dismantling cubicles, desks, and chairs for scrap metal. Fuck that.

I don't disagree with some of the things he wants, like better security at the border, I just do not agree with how he expects to get there.
The dems want that to but wasting it on a wall. It should be done with technology, personal boosts, etc. Trump just wants the wall as a symbol and is making the country suffer for it.

The dems want that to but wasting it on a wall. It should be done with technology, personal boosts, etc. Trump just wants the wall as a symbol and is making the country suffer for it.
Exactly, there is nothing wrong with wanting more security at the border, less illegals, etc. He needs to look at other solutions.

Both sides are behaving like assholes though, being super petty and childish in tweets or press releases.

On the one hand, I feel really bad for everyday people suffering because of this gov't stoppage. I'd say I feel just as bad as when the stoppage happened under Obama.

On the other, gov't jobs aren't supposed to make you wealthy, and we all have to save money for a rainy day. There is always a threat of a government stoppage with the shit politicians we have, this is a rainy day you should kind of expect as a government employee. I know I need to be better about saving for myself, so I will use this as a reminder.

I really do hope that all the people working honest jobs in the government get by ok.

But all the people who are purposefully doing redundant bullshit and working unnecessary positions gifted by their connections can fucking rot.

Maybe we could just close the checkbook for foreign aid and fund the wall. Let Israel tighten their belt for a year. I think it would be a win-win.

Paid bi-weekly. Most likely reimbursed when the shutdown ends (at least that is how it was when I was a Fed). The reimbursement is dependent on Congress if I recall.

Are you saying you're still working, and you don't know if they'll back pay you for the time during the shutdown?

Boohoo. Only a miniscule amount of these people are literally pay check to pay check. They are essentially on paid vacation right now. I would love it. My sister in law is having fun, staying home and spending more time with her kid during the week.

So it's kind of like when anyone who doesn't work for the government gets laid off... Or their boss can't pay them for whatever reason...

Everyone else deals with shit like this from time to time. Government jobs have their perks too. Lots of them. This is one of the drawbacks.

18h1.gif

Are you saying you're still working, and you don't know if they'll back pay you for the time during the shutdown?

No, I’m not a Fed anymore. I’m saying during previous shut-downs folks were always reimbursed (eventually). But being reimbursed is not guaranteed.
What’s really screwy is that I was “essential” and had a supervisory position, but my subordinates were not.

Did any one of them suggest tittie dancing?

It highlights the absurdity. Asking someone in the coast guard who has to work and not get paid to babysit? Come on.

But, it reads as if the letter was not written to those who need to continue to show up to work. Rather, it looks like the letter is for those who are told not to show up to work until after the shut down is over.

Back