Government employees created GoFundMe pages to survive the shutdown. That may be against the law

Same here. In the U.S. Army, I saw it at Ft. Benning, Ft. Bragg, and Ft. Hood.

God bless the ice cream truck driver (soldier) who could find us anywhere when we were in the middle of nowhere doing exercises in the summer at Ft. Benning, GA. Compass and military map.

Off Duty Employment for Military Members
Link: https://militarydollar.com/2017/08/28/off-duty-employment-for-military-members/

I believe the reason behind this law is to normally keep high ranking government officials from receiving 'bribes' or outside money that could influence their work/decisions in the U.S. government. This is usually a big deal with government contractors.
Wtf kind of grab ass air force scrub attached to benning unit were you in to get Ice Cream delivered to you.

THERE AINT NO ICE CREAM ON SAND HILL!

lol

Uhmm it's a government job on a 21st century American economy, you think these people make enough to save?
Of course they do otherwise they would find another job. They also get better benefits than most.

Uhmm it's a government job on a 21st century American economy, you think these people make enough to save?

I've been in for 16, I have a wife and kids, one with a car. As my income increases so does my expense. We save, but getting stationed in San Diego isn't cheap living. We can afford no check for 2.5 months, and we're tihheni g up what we eat and spend on

I don't follow kost news so I have no idea what's going on, but i consider Gofund me to be pan handling. Shouod be legal for wnyone to do it. Onky thing I don't understand about it is why you have to be truthful. Like, if you lie and say someone is sick or wtg so please send money, if people find out it's fraud. Fucking bullshit.

Seems like the shutdown these government employees are getting donations from go fund me and apparently its against the law

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/17/politics/shutdown-employees-catch-22-trnd/index.html

They could go to jail
The federal law the government employees might be running afoul of is part of the United States Code that deals with the salaries paid to government officials and employees, under a section called "Bribery, Graft and Conflicts of Interest." In a nutshell, it says federal employees aren't supposed to supplement their salaries with outside income.
If they do, the penalties could be steep.
Punishment could be up to five years in prison, the law states. Employees also could be fined up to $50,000 for each violation or the amount of the compensation they received, which ever amount is greater.
"The primary law in question is a criminal law that prohibits payments in exchange for an employee's federal service," Walter Shaub, the former director of the US Office of Government Ethics, told CNN.

The reasoning behind the law: A federal employee who accepts outside payments could be susceptible to improper influence that impacts how he or she does their job.
But it's murky. If people are sending these employees money online primarily out of sympathy, that might be OK, Shaub said. But if people are sending money to them primarily because they're federal workers, that could be a problem legally.
"It is entirely possible that the government would decide this conduct violates that law, so I personally would never have done something like this while I was in government," said Shaub. "The potential penalties are quite severe."
Many of the GoFundMe campaigns started popping up in early January, after it became clear that federal workers affected by the shutdown might start missing paychecks. People are asking for help to pay their rent or mortgage, to buy food or even purchase diapers for their infant children. If they have questions about the legality of the funds they receive this way, there's no way to get an answer from the government right now.

that's extremely stupid for these employees to do. Using your position as a means for gain is usually a good way to get fired.

They should just recruit the hot ones for a webcam business. The ugly ones can do behind the scenes administrative support for the webcam.
Apparently acquisitions is basically all hot ladies according to my cousin who works for the federal government.

Wtf kind of grab ass air force scrub attached to benning unit were you in to get Ice Cream delivered to you.

11B Infantry scrub. Ft. Benning, GA, 1991-92. Fond memories of those little ice cream trucks finding the trails to our training area. We did not call him, he found us. Full grown men running after ice cream in the middle of the woods. Crazy and funny to watch...

Last edited:
11B Infantry scrub. Ft. Benning, GA, 1992-93. Fond memories of those little ice cream trucks finding the trails to our training area. We did not call him, he found us. Full grown men running after ice cream in the middle of the woods. Crazy and funny to watch...
Dude I never once saw ice cream trucks there : (

Isn't Trump doing the same thing ? He's making money from his businesses while a President, so why should these people be fucked

Back