gout-like symptoms while on Paleo diet

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by thaiboxer67, Sep 25, 2010.

1. thaiboxer67

thaiboxer67 White Belt

has anyone ever gotten or heard of this?, i was wondering if it was from too much protien? but then i realized i may not be getting that much, or dehydration, i am thirsty all the time, and quit beer, Vodka wine so any thoughts? and no i am not being a diet nazi, yes i have cut out pasta, all wheat,bread etc and dairy except for eggs.

2. Shaolin Bushido

Shaolin Bushido Yamato Damashii

Gout sucks.

3. pliftkl

pliftkl Green Belt

I don't think eggs are traditionally thought of as "dairy"...

4. quik77

quik77 Yellow Belt

The Most Alkaline Foods List Helps Balance Your Gout Diet

as far as I can tell gout is supposed to come from high protein intake + little to no exercise and not taking in enough fluids.

so I'd have to ask what level of activity are you at and how hydrated are you when these symptoms come?

And how paleo is this diet? (I'd think you'd get more symptoms off the old school low fat version than one of the newer "oh right fat's not so bad" versions like primal or PaNu).

It could be something completely different of course, so you may want to see an actual doctor as well if straight up drinking more water and working out more has no effect.

actually as far as the thirsty all the time I think there's a couple random diseases I vaguely remember that do that.

from this link Water and Hydration

5. Jaedong

Jaedong Blue Belt

6. thaiboxer67

thaiboxer67 White Belt

well depending on where you are from or how the store is organized it may be dairy...personally i don't care was just saying i do eat eggs. i started drinking a LOT more water and wonder upon wonders feel better. workouts i would say were moderate prior to onset of symptoms, and after they set in, i had to stop. could barely walk. thanx for the replies