GOTHAM (Season 3 Premieres Sept. 19)

Update: February 11, 2014

GOTHAM Casts The Penguin, Alfred Pennyworth and More

Robin-Taylor-Sean-Pertwee-Erin-Richards-Dragonlord.jpg

Production will begin on the pilot for Fox’s Batman prequel series Gotham very soon, and as a result casting is heating up. The network announced last weekend that The O.C. and Southland star Ben McKenzie will lead the series as James Gordon, future Gotham police commissioner, and now the show has filled out a number of other familiar roles. Robin Lord Taylor (Another Earth, The Walking Dead) will play the villainous Oswald Cobblepot aka The Penguin, Sean Pertwee (Camelot) is set as Bruce Wayne’s trusted butler Alfred Pennyworth, Zabryna Guevara (Burn Notice) will portray Gordon’s boss Captain Essen, and Erin Richards (Being Human) is set as Gordon’s fianc

I like Sean Pertwee, he was awesome in Dog Soldiers but he isn't refined enough for Alfred imo.

Maybe he's done other stuff which showcases another side of him but it doesn't seem they're going that route since he's supposed to be an ex RMC. Unless he's supposed to be an Officer or something.

I like Sean Pertwee, he was awesome in Dog Soldiers but he isn't refined enough for Alfred imo.

Maybe he's done other stuff which showcases another side of him but it doesn't seem they're going that route since he's supposed to be an ex RMC. Unless he's supposed to be an Officer or something.

Maybe they're going for the Alfred version from the animated series Beware the Batman. In that latest Batman iteration, Alfred is a former MI6 agent and re-characterized as a skilled combat vet actively taking part in Batman's missions. I actually like that new Alfred.

Maybe they're going for the Alfred version from the animated series Beware the Batman. In that latest Batman iteration, Alfred is a former MI6 agent and re-characterized as a skilled combat vet actively taking part in Batman's missions. I actually like that new Alfred.

Hhmm thats interesting. I'm down with change as long as it's well thought out. It's refreshing to mix things up. I think I'd like that type of Alfred. Other than that, is the show any good?

Hhmm thats interesting. I'm down with change as long as it's well thought out. It's refreshing to mix things up. I think I'd like that type of Alfred. Other than that, is the show any good?

Beware the Batman? Yes. If you can get used to the exaggerated character designs and CGI animation, it's a terrific show. The writing and direction are so good that it sometimes feels like a live-action police procedural show.

Great Gordon casting imo. especially once you put the mustache and glasses on him.

Beware the Batman? Yes. If you can get used to the exaggerated character designs and CGI animation, it's a terrific show. The writing and direction are so good that it sometimes feels like a live-action police procedural show.

Might have to give it a shot. Looking for a good cartoon to watch. Between this or one of the newer X-Men shows.

yess...very interesting.

Might have to give it a shot. Looking for a good cartoon to watch. Between this or one of the newer X-Men shows.

Have you tried Avatar: The Last Airbender yet? or its spinoff series The Legend of Korra?

No. But I've heard good things about The Last Airbender on imdb.

Give it a try. Avatar: The Last Airbender is The best animated series I've seen in recent years. It is universally acclaimed by audiences and critics alike. The character development, art direction, humor, pacing, cultural references, and themes are amazing and deceptively deep. Be forewarned though, it's a kids show, so there's bound to be some cutesy stuff in there. But if you stick with it for the first 7 episodes or so, you'll be rewarded. I give this my highest recommendation. You know my reputation in the Comic Book Discussion thread and seeing we have similar taste, I guarantee you will love this.

Give it a try. Avatar: The Last Airbender is The best animated series I've seen in recent years. It is universally acclaimed by audiences and critics alike. The character development, art direction, humor, pacing, cultural references, and themes are amazing and deceptively deep. Be forewarned though, it's a kids show, so there's bound to be some cutesy stuff in there. But if you stick with it for the first 7 episodes or so, you'll be rewarded. I give this my highest recommendation. You know my reputation in the Comic Book Discussion thread and seeing we have similar taste, I guarantee you will love this.

Ill give it a shot then!

Update: February 11, 2014

Gary Oldman's Advice to Ben McKenzie on Playing James Gordon

Gary-Oldman-Gordon-Gotham-Dragonlord.jpg

Ben McKenzie has big shoes to fill as Detective James Gordon on the upcoming Fox series Gotham, and the last actor to play the role has shared some advice for the young star.

I would suggest watching Year One. Wasn't that good of an animated movie IMO but Bryan Cranston was SPOT ON with the characters voice. He would have been great in a live action movie too.

As far as younger Gordon goes. I don't mind McKenzie as Gordon. He looks the the part of a young Gordon. I'm just a bit concerned about his acting skills. I only know him from a few episodes of The OC and 88 Minutes. Has he come around at all in that department?

I haven't seen that, I'll have to give it a look.

Trying to not get too hyped about the show.

But I'll definitely be checking it out.

I'm hoping that they won't follow the usual "freak of the week" pattern that many superhero series do.

Update: February 12, 2014

Donal Logue Confirmed to Play Harvey Bullock in Fox's GOTHAM

Donal-Logue-Harvey-Bullock-Gotham-Dragonlord.jpg

Fox and WBTV confirmed on Wednesday that Donal Logue has been cast as Detective Harvey Bullock in Gotham, which received a direct-to-series order. Jim Gordon

Back