GOTHAM (Season 3 Premieres Sept. 19)

Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hiddleston need to just do a movie together where they sit in an empty room throwing snark at each other. Boom instant billion dollar profit from all the fan girls.

Gotta admit...I'd watch that movie.:redface::icon_chee

Update: January 13, 2014

Fox's GOTHAM Series Will Not Be Part of DC Cinematic Universe

Batman-Gotham-City-0113-Dragonlord.png

At today's TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour Chairman of Entertainment at FOX Kevin Reilly revealed that Fox's Gotham series would indeed function as an origin story for Batman. Reilly followed up by saying that this would be a serialized show that will function on its own, separate from the Warner Brothers DC cinematic universe. "We own all the rights. That's what we're licencing," he said. "They brought us the entire franchise for a very healthy licence fee. We're not negotiating this piece meal. We have all of the underlying Batman rights for the entire franchise for this series."

He continued, saying, "That's what I like about this, it's not some sort of adjunct companion series. This is the Batman franchise, just backing it up. I think that gives it a real focus as to what the show is about and what stories we're telling."

There will be no connection to the Batman/Bruce Wayne that Ben Affleck will be introducing in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel 2, tentatively titled Batman vs. Superman. "Warner Brothers manages the entire franchise and its one of their top global franchises of all," Reilly said."So there will be an awareness of both and we'll have to coordinate when we're in the market place, but the productions are not piggy-backing off one another."

Fox's GOTHAM Series Won't Be Connected to Warner Bros.' DC Cinematic Universe

Seems pointless. Wish they would forget about Batman for one moment and concentrate on the rest of DC's vast amount of characters.

Pointless is a very poor choice of word. The show will have a huge fan base and fans can't get enough Batman. From a business perspective he continues to be a huge money maker and a TV show will grow the brand even more to more casual friends, assuming its well done.

this will be on FOX, and not CW?

I would almost have more faith in CW to pull this off.. And that fucking says a lot. I hate that network.

Always figured they would attempt Bruce as a teenager to replace the void left by Smallville. I think that story would work much better than having him so young but we'll see.

I do recall that Smallville had a small time window where they got the greenlight to use him before Batman Begins was in the works. They didn't want any conflicting versions out there so probably explains why they are keeping his appearances minimal and at such an early age.

Last edited:
I'm gonna knock you down from your Fantasy Casting throne, Dragon. I want that strap. I'm gonna eat your children. I'll masturbate in a square garden! Mike Tyson ain't got shit on me!!!

Dibs on Bill Duke as Killer Croc. :p

Update: January 14, 2014

Donal Logue Offered James Gordon Role in GOTHAM?
[Updated]

Donal-Logue-James-Gordon--Rumor-Gotham-Dragonlord.jpg

According to Latino Review, Donal Logue (Sons of Anarchy) has been offered the lead part of Commissioner James Gordon in Fox’s upcoming Gotham TV show which has been ordered to series. From The Mentalist creator Bruno Heller, Gotham explores the origin stories of Commissioner James Gordon and the villains who made Gotham City famous. In the pilot, Gordon is still a detective with the Gotham City Police Department and has yet to meet Batman.

Just yesterday, Fox Chairman Kevin Reilly announced the news that the show will indeed feature a young Bruce Wayne. Reilly said, “The show will arc a young Bruce Wayne from a child (around 12) into the final episode of the series, when he will put on the cape. We will see how they get to become who they are as Gotham is teetering on the edge. It is an operatic soap that has a slightly larger-than-life quality.”

[Update: Here’s what Logue himself had to say about the offer rumor via Twitter: @nerdbastards not true! I wish-would be awesome (but who could top Gary Oldman?) From what I heard, Gotham catches Gordon in his late 20′s]

Donal Logue Offered Commissioner James Gordon Role in Fox's GOTHAM TV Series?

Last edited:
Update: January 17, 2014

Donal Logue Offered Detective Harvey Bullock Role in GOTHAM

Donal-Logue-Harvey-Bullock-Gotham-Dragonlord.jpg

Earlier this week, Latino Review reported that Donal Logue had been offered the part of James Gordon in the upcoming Gotham TV series on Fox. However, the actor himself denied the report on Twitter. Logue tweeted,

“The show will track Bruce from a child (around 12-year-old) until he puts on a cape (in the finale)… We will see how they get to become what they are as Gotham is teetering on the edge. It is an operatic soap with a larger than life quality.”

Oh God.......its Smallville only with Batman........who isn't Batman.

I predict lots of angst and people standing around crying in the rain.

Update: January 21, 2014

Kevin Smith Hints Fox Stole His Ideas for GOTHAM TV Series

Kevin-Smith-Talks-Gotham-Dragonlord.jpg

In November 2013, director Kevin Smith and writer Paul Dini discussed an idea for a Batman TV show without Batman that would focus on a young Bruce Wayne. Their idea involved the story of Bruce Wayne at prep school, before he ever puts on the Batman mask. They called their idea

Oh God.......its Smallville only with Batman........who isn't Batman.

I predict lots of angst and people standing around crying in the rain.

"No Tights, no Flights":icon_twis

I really don't understand why DC don't get Kevin Smith onboard for writing.

He could be their version of Whedon.

Update: January 25, 2014

The Penguin Will Be the First Bat-Villain to Appear in GOTHAM

The-Penguin-Gotham-0125-Dragonlord.jpg

Iconic Batman villain The Penguin will be the first recognizable supervillain to appear on Gotham, the upcoming police procedural following a young James Gordon through the process that will one day transform him into the police commissioner and Batman

Update: February 8, 2014

Ben McKenzie to Star in Fox's GOTHAM Series as James Gordon

Ben-McKenzie-as-James-Gordon-Gotham-Dragonlord.jpg

Fox's Batman prequel has found its star: Ben McKenzie. The Southland and The O.C. alum has been tapped to topline the network's Gotham, playing James Gordon, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Seven years after Fox's The O.C. helped to launch McKenzie's career, the actor will play the man who will go on to become the commissioner of the city and work hand-in-hand to restore the community with the eventual Caped Crusader.

Gotham is described as an origin tale centering on DC Comics fixture Commissioner James Gordon and the villains that made Gotham famous. The Warner Bros. Television drama pilot, which has series commitment attached, is being written and executive produced by The Mentalist showrunner Bruno Heller. Danny Cannon (CSI, Nikita) will direct and executive produce the pilot.

Gotham's Gordon is a rookie detective for Gotham City Open Police Department's Homicide Squad. A college football star,
and a war hero, Gordon was fast-tracked through the GCPD
ranks. He's brave, energetic and honest. Driven to live up to the classical virtues of a father he barely knew, he's an idealistic soul, to the point of naivet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back