GOTHAM (Season 3 Premieres Sept. 19)

Do people not like Arrow? I thought it was pretty well received. I finally watched it the last few weeks and caught up and its much better than I thought. It started off weak but got much, much stronger.

Also the way they are doing the origin story alongside the current one is excellent.
Yeah, no I'm talking about when Arrow initially began.

Yeah, no I'm talking about when Arrow initially began.

Oh ok. Well to be fair, when it first began it was very formulaic and it should have been very apparent that the whole list idea, and one "mission" per episode wouldn't work for the long run.

Agree , Make A John Stewart or Kyle Rayner or Guy Gardner GL Series and im all in !

Even Nightwing would be cool , Or A Live Action Teen Titans .

arent they doing a live action young justice on cw

They are trying to branch out it seems

If it has Harvey Bullock I'll watch every episode

If it has Harvey Dent as the DA, I'd watch the hell out of it.

Edit: Nvmd. He'd be too young to fit in this series.

Update: January 13, 2014

GOTHAM to Feature Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, Bruce Wayne

Batman-Rogues-Gallery-Dragonlord.jpg

In the original announcement, Fox

Update: January 13, 2014

GOTHAM to Feature Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, Bruce Wayne

pecifically addressing the young Bruce Wayne’s role:

“The show will track Bruce from a child (around 12-year-old) until he puts on a cape (in the finale)… We will see how they get to become what they are as Gotham is teetering on the edge. It is an operatic soap with a larger than life quality.”

I have only been paying cursory attention to this show, so now I'm really confused. I thought this was set in Nolan's continuity. Did this change? If it still is, then a lot of this info makes no sense to me whatsoever (so we're going to see the exploits of a tween Catwoman?). If it's a stand-alone series I find it hard to be interested; it would the the third competing live action continuity, between this, Arrow, and the movies. Actually, either way is seems like a clusterfuck.

I have only been paying cursory attention to this show, so now I'm really confused. I thought this was set in Nolan's continuity. Did this change?

As far as I know, nothing has changed. They have never said it was going to be part of Nolan's universe. But there's a chance this might be part of their current Cinematic Universe.

It'll probably be Ben Affleck making a guest appearance in the finale.

So they will make him look young for the show and old for the movie.

I would be interested in that. But I'm one of the few people that think's he's going to be great as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Wow, so, if they say that they'll end the show with Bruce becoming Batman, that means this show plans on making some serious time jumps between seasons I suppose. Not sure how that's gonna work but...it just sounds a little risky.

As far as I know, nothing has changed. They have never said it was going to be part of Nolan's universe. But there's a chance this might be part of their current Cinematic Universe.

So the Nolan thing was just a rumor then. That's fine by me, that series is done and should be left done. If it is tied in with the new movies...I'm not sure how well that will work. That's some big villain names in that rumor, I'd be surprised if they let TV write the canon for them.

But regardless of what continuity it ends up in, trying to tie those villains in with a child/teen Bruce Wayne and then end on a semi sort of Year One scenario...seems like it would just be a mess.

I do not want Smallvile. This entire idea sounds so fucking stupid. But I'm a sucker and will still watch the pilot.

I'm not gonna lie. For a second I thought the title said Will Forte Riddler.

I'm not gonna lie. For a second I thought the title said Will Forte Riddler.

I'd be okay with Forte as a non-hammy Riddler.

Fantasy casting wise (and though he's close to being overexposed), Benedict Cumberbatch as Riddler would be heavenly.

Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hiddleston need to just do a movie together where they sit in an empty room throwing snark at each other. Boom instant billion dollar profit from all the fan girls.

Seems pointless. Wish they would forget about Batman for one moment and concentrate on the rest of DC's vast amount of characters.

Batman's one of the most iconic characters in the history of fiction. 95% of other DC characters are Meh compared to him. And DC knows this.

If you have Prime Jordon on your team, you him play him as much as possible.

Back