GOTHAM (Season 3 Premieres Sept. 19)

I'll check it out, but if DC isn't making an interconnected universe here then there's bound to be some viewer confusion (and a huge wasted opportunity).

Are they going to make up new badguys for Gordon?

Why not do Nightwing instead? Dick Grayson is still young, and hip. You can do much much more with him than the old man Gordon. Plus his rogues gallery is much more substantial than Gordon. That is if Gordon has a rogues gallery.

i just heard about this. interesting but i will remain apprehensive. could be really good though. ive heard elementry is cool. take that, make it the batman universe and i would tune in. all detective shows are the same right?

This sounds fucking awesome.

I always thought a crime drama like Law & Order or Southland could work in the Batman universe.

I'll check it out, but if DC isn't making an interconnected universe here then there's bound to be some viewer confusion (and a huge wasted opportunity).

DC has not demonstrated an ability to create a cohesive universe. This is going to get very confusing.

soooo its not based of gothan central.....

Hopefully it'll be good and won't go the way of 'Birds of Prey.'

Fox's Action/adventure shows have a tendency of having great pilots and first seasons.... then they fall to shit and are quickly cancelled.

Also, anyone remember a few years ago there was talk of a Punisher TV series? Thank god that didn't work out.

Can you imagine if HBO did Punisher?

...and adapted the Garth Ennis's Punisher MAX arcs?

Would be freaking awesome.

But, chances are we'd get a watered-down network-friendly Punisher... which is why I'm glad we stopped hearing anything about it.

No, this was only a few years ago... 3 or 4 at the most. People were immediately comparing it to Dexter.

You mean this one?

October 20, 2011

Fox Developing PUNISHER TV Series

PunisherDragonlord-1.jpg

Fox has bought an hour-long drama from ABC Studios based on The Punisher, expanding Marvel

Cool, will be monitoring this thread

So they're going to make a police procedural starring pre-Commissioner Gordon, but no Batman? What's the hook? Isn't the whole point of Gotham needing Batman that the cops alone can't cope with the nutcases, and that Batman's arrival only ups the ante as far as the criminals go?

I think I'd rather just watch Law & Order.

Punisher be better on Starz or whoever does Spartacus. Better action, more nudity . . .

Back