Got Told to Stop Bullying the New Guy at Work

It wasn't like that in the past, plus you're at a tech company in the valley, right? That's a magnet for the individuals you're describing.
Yeah, plus I'm a contractor so one of my bosses left a voicemail for the other company saying "Louise has had an accident!!" with no context whatsoever so they flew into a panic too.

It's such a different world now. I worked at UPS in college as a sorter and then as a part-time supervisor. We gave each other shit all the time. After school I went to a large trucking company and it was more of the same. No one looked for opportunities to be victims back then. People nowadays are such pussies.

Shit's changed man, I've heard my boss apologizing to a customer for having to call me a cunt

'I'm so sorry we didn't please you enough that you had to resort to calling my employee a cunt'

Fuck that, I was furious, boss should have backed me and told the prick to take his business elsewhere

Bunch of PC pussies running shit these days
You're a cunt.

And I wasn't even talking to him or about him. It was the end of the day and I was being loud with another about how we were running late to finish up the last bit of volume and now being force the "HURRY IT UP!" to finish by some supervisor. It was just light-hearted bitching from me and a different employee and just giving the Sups shit for fun. Well when we finally went down I was told by the supervisor that I was bully the new guy and I need to be more understanding what it's like to be a new guy around such a hostile environment, I got defense quick and ask him what I said cause I wasn't even talking to him or about him. He claimed that he was there for 10mins and heard me, we went back and forth with me asking what I said and him saying I need to be more understanding. I finally just said OK and walked off.

But I am offend that someone would think of me as a bully. I a loud and am asshole but never give anyone shit to someone that doesnt give it back or starts it. I help train most of the new guys cause the sups don't care and make sure I talk to most of them when I around them. I have never been accused of being a bully in my whole life, I am upset

please calm down... just chill the f out

I was accused of bullying some incompetent IT consultant.

Was the m'fers fault, you don't speak to me while I'm eating, especially if you barely know me.

Luckily he quit before we could fire him.

Anything said at work can be spun negatively and used against you.

In situations like this I've always just said ok and moved on with my day. I don't like going back and forth with people who are making shit up because I'll start getting pissed off quickly.

My dad's ex accused me and my ex of showering together at his house when I was 17 and it was BS. We both came out of the bathroom together but I was pissing and she was washing her hands. That's it. My dad tried to come at me crazy and I shut it down quickly he saw how pissed I was getting and let it go.

Same thing happened with my best friends dad calling my dad saying me and his son did X together. We planned on doing it but I bailed. He still told my dad that's what happened. I literally drove to my friends house running red lights I was so pissed. Knocked on his door and demanded to speak with his dad. His dad quickly apologized to me and called my dad and explained that he only read messages of what are plans were but doesn't know if it actually happened. This situation really pissed me off because my dad was just getting comfortable with me smoking weed and things were starting to get better between us. Then he hears I'm taking X and loses his shit.

Ts has one of the best avs lol

Also the new guy would not last here

I almost made a thread about my job (or related to it)

Yeah, plus I'm a contractor so one of my bosses left a voicemail for the other company saying "Louise has had an accident!!" with no context whatsoever so they flew into a panic too.

Jesus H.

Here is a random story from my time living in Palo Alto. I remember the dot.com/bomb blow up in 2000 by how the traffic on the 280 eased up enough (because of the layoffs) so that there were no slow downs in the afternoon.

Jesus H.

Here is a random story from my time living in Palo Alto. I remember the dot.com/bomb blow up in 2000 by how the traffic on the 280 eased up enough (because of the layoffs) so that there were no slow downs in the afternoon.
Were there lay offs? I really don't remember. I made a beaut out of Y2K, biggest scare mongering about nothing ever. I loved it. Hand over fist money, it was great selling IT then. We had everyone eating out of the palm of our hands.

Shit's changed man, I've heard my boss apologizing to a customer for having to call me a cunt

'I'm so sorry we didn't please you enough that you had to resort to calling my employee a cunt'

Fuck that, I was furious, boss should have backed me and told the prick to take his business elsewhere

Bunch of PC pussies running shit these days
Were you being a cunt?

Were there lay offs? I really don't remember. I made a beaut out of Y2K, biggest scare mongering about nothing ever. I loved it. Hand over fist money, it was great selling IT then. We had everyone eating out of the palm of our hands.

LOL - yes! There were so many stupid companies. My favorite website was fuckedcompany.com. they would publish the RIFs and dotcom companies blowing up. Ex-employees would post stories of insane excesses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fucked_Company

The valley was just as stupid back then. I remember these butterfaces cruising Palo Alto/Redwood City/Mountain view for a 'soon to be' internet millionaire. It was just fucking terrible. When dotcom blow up hit I remember feeling like I had the most stable job as a post graduate fellow making $38,000/yr - LOL.

Weird. When i worked at ups back in the day it was expected that you not be a pussy. Especially during holiday rush. Bullying certainly wasn’t a thing though. I mean we sacrificed a few weaklings by ripping out their hearts and lowering them into lava and we fed a few the blood of kali but shit dog. Work place pranks are what we live for.
HR runs these blue-collar places now. If people snitch on you, you can get in all kinds of trouble.

Back