Got to love the sherdog mindset.

I can agree with that. I just think this place should be run with a zero tolerance policy for BS. Even if some good ones get dragged down too. That unsilent minority of terrible posters are akin to message board terrorists. Their only mission is to flaunt the rules and make as uncomfortable an enviroment for rule abiding posters as they can. Now I shall mind me business again and get back to posting.:D

I hear ya, but people being douchey is more of a humanity-as-a-whole problem that needs to be evolved out of, rather than something we as mods can fix. If we just try to ban everyone who gets out of line, that line would blur quickly, and it would make for less of a free speech environment. Granted, it's a private forum and thus people are not 'entitled' to free speech, but it should be at least as close as possible. Speaking as a poster, I find it easier to ignore a lot of people and also to focus on the ones that I like.

Either you're a Woodley fan, or you're literally Hitler. I'm comfortable with being Hitler.

Tend to agree. You're only as good as your last night. U lose once and you got exposed. You win once, you're the best.. Win a couple times as champ and all of a sudden goat.

Goat talk in mma is so common, it's lost it's luster

I actually saw a thread here by someone titled something like "Who's the greatest GOAT of all time?". The greatest greatest of all time of all time. Shows the value of being a GOAT I guess.

I hear ya, but people being douchey is more of a humanity-as-a-whole problem that needs to be evolved out of, rather than something we as mods can fix. If we just try to ban everyone who gets out of line, that line would blur quickly, and it would make for less of a free speech environment. Granted, it's a private forum and thus people are not 'entitled' to free speech, but it should be at least as close as possible. Speaking as a poster, I find it easier to ignore a lot of people and also to focus on the ones that I like.

Those are wise words. I can take something from them.

They're just mad the magic has ended.
Lawler went on one of the greatest runs in MMA history, considering context (his age, his miles, his record) - and now the cinderella story has ended.

By vicious right hand.
True, and Lawler is still a warrior and is not making any excuses or crying in social media. Nothing stops him bouncing back, but his fans are like a swarm of mosquitos making excuses and crying in his stead. I just don't get it.

That is why we love sherdog. Any top fighter is either a GOAT or was never any good.

black mma fans overvaluing their boy, is normal and happens the other way around as well

Inbred redeck automatically thinks all blacks like other blacks....then again, i just stereotyped you too. See how that works?

And how the hell do you know black mma fans even support woodley like that? As if woodleys the only black/minority champ.

Better yet, please dont post.

Inbred redeck automatically thinks all blacks like other blacks....then again, i just stereotyped you too. See how that works?

And how the hell do you know black mma fans even support woodley like that? As if woodleys the only black/minority champ.

Better yet, please dont post.
but I didn't stereotype anyone, just figured woodley's fanbase is gonna be mostly black people. you called me an inbred in response which is an insult...

Stereotyping is also an insult.
no it's not lol
I already explained it in this thread. there's a lot of race talk when it comes to woodley. posters commenting on his superior black genetics. posters complaining that sherdoggers are racist because they don't like woodley.

either way let's take a step back and look at what I actually posted, and what the response from you lot was. you guys are programmed to react silly when race is brought up. I'm always called a racist around here, but it's funny how big my range of racism is: I'm sometimes racist against white people; I'm sometimes racist against black people. I'm sometimes a redneck and sometimes a SJW. there's a lot of insanity in response to race talk around the interwebs and I bet 90% of it comes from US people who are extremely sensitive to it for one reason or another. I'll keep not caring and post whatever I want because that's what's really important to me. as I said, call me a racist if you want... it's ok. not the first time.

no it's not lol

I already explained it in this thread. there's a lot of race talk when it comes to woodley. posters commenting on his superior black genetics. posters complaining that sherdoggers are racist because they don't like woodley.

either way let's take a step back and look at what I actually posted, and what the response from you lot was. you guys are programmed to react silly when race is brought up. I'm always called a racist around here, but it's funny how big my range of racism is: I'm sometimes racist against white people; I'm sometimes racist against black people. I'm sometimes a redneck and sometimes a SJW. there's a lot of insanity in response to race talk around the interwebs and I bet 90% of it comes from US people who are extremely sensitive to it for one reason or another. I'll keep not caring and post whatever I want because that's what's really important to me. as I said, call me a racist if you want... it's ok. not the first time.
I didn't call you racist
I just said it was a shit post from a shit poster
Because it was

black mma fans overvaluing their boy, is normal and happens the other way around as well

Well considering this site is has more caucasions. It's more them overvaluing there boys. Conner, sage, wonderboy lol.

Nice to see a thread about "typical sherdog" get oddly racist. It's one discussion about Ronda being fat and PEDs being death/perfectly fine away from creating dark matter.

Win a fight quickly without even demonstrating dominance, just maybe one good connected shot - You are the best ever and will clean out the division.

Lose a fight quickly because of a single punch, getting caught etc. - You are a can and probably won't get to the top again.

Time and time again Sherdog, quality threads, just like this rant post.

It's all about who did it. Anderson Silva triangles Sonnen by the end of 5th round? Fluke. JDS KOs Cain on 1st round? Fluke. Conor KOs Aldo in 13 seconds? Bestest best ever...

And no, I'm not saying Conor's KO was a fluke or that he shouldn't be credited for his win, just pointing out the double standard.

Back