Got tapped out to a beginner help!

Wait, I am not putting these numbers together correctly 1 +1 = 0 for me....You won no-gi advanced in GQ and you cannot defeat a white belt? If you aren't a troll ( and judging from the way you type and give examples, you seem about 15-17 and a big time troll), then its probably not the technique part and just you were literally dead tired or the big guy sat on your head for 20 seconds or something.

I am 17, and yes I was dog tired and I'm sure that was part of it. I won Teen GrapplersQuest Advanced Nogi division in Dallas.

I am entertaining the notion that this may not be a troll.

Few questions.

What weight in wrestling, adv. NOGI win, and currently? What weight was the dude who tapped you?

Also, why are you devastated, confused, etc, etc. Its not about tapping or not tapping. Its about improving

Finally, the difference between adv nogi and adults I thought was very drastic. So specifying that will help make people believe.

I wonder why such an accomplished grappler is so easily concerned about one tapout

Not to discredit your win, but you should mention that it was Teens Advanced that you won if you want people to believe you. Although the teen division is filled with good athletes, it is mostly blue belt level grapplers (maybe a purple here or there). Adult Men's Advanced (what people are assuming you mean) is filled with brown and black belts.

Your exactly right, there is a huge difference between the two and I forgot to mention that.

I am entertaining the notion that this may not be a troll.

Few questions.

What weight in wrestling, adv. NOGI win, and currently? What weight was the dude who tapped you?

Also, why are you devastated, confused, etc, etc. Its not about tapping or not tapping. Its about improving

Finally, the difference between adv nogi and adults I thought was very drastic. So specifying that will help make people believe.

I wonder why such an accomplished grappler is so easily concerned about one tapout

I wrestled this past season at 130 (was pulling too much weight to be honest). I won GrapplersQuest at 149.9- Division. The dude who tapped me weighs about 170 and I weight about 143.

I am devsated because right when I feel I am hanging with the better people in my gym, I get tapped to a brand new beginner.

I am devsated because right when I feel I am hanging with the better people in my gym, I get tapped to a brand new beginner.

Stop wallowing. This shows that you are still mentally a beginner if you let your ego bring you down this far.

Figure out what you did wrong (or what he did right - just as important), adjust your game, and move on.

Obsessing about one single tapout will make your game stagnant.

Last edited:
Talk show for mod, got my vote (not that it will do any good haha). Anyway dude, if your not a troll then go back to class and move on. It happens.

so one beginner tapped out another? big whoop. GTFO

I wrestled this past season at 130 (was pulling too much weight to be honest). I won GrapplersQuest at 149.9- Division. The dude who tapped me weighs about 170 and I weight about 143.

I roll to work my game, not rack up gym wins... - JRT6

This is the probably the best sig for you right now.

So, he's not a troll???

A good day of jiu jitsu involves tapping.

So, he's not a troll???

For now it seems like he isn't. I think the confusion was him winning an advanced GQ tournament and not being able to handle a beginner. However it was a teens advanced division he won, so that makes more sense.

Back