Got my Sweeps DVD today!

TalkShowOnMute

dancingonthecorpsesashes
@Black
Reaction score
I love it. I'm all about closed guard and I can't wait to start drilling these. I usually rely on a pendulum or pendulum variation or a hip bump...rinse and repeat. Since these three are also covered I managed to instantly see things I was doing wrong in my only reliable sweeps. lol

Great DVD so far. Love the content, the instruction is really clear. It was obviously filmed with a good camera as the video looks great on an HD TV.

Only complaint...no nude scenes.

WTF?

Itsnotballet Media Just another WordPress site

Well, mute, you got one sale. (If you're working on commission, or whatever.)

Well, mute, you got one sale. (If you're working on commission, or whatever.)

LoL. Good to hear.

I know you're joking but for anyone wondering...I'm not affiliated with Andreh in any way. I have been a fan of his posts on the UG forever though. He always brings great information. Well..behind Shen's mystic wisdom..Andreh is easily #2 on the UG for grappling information. Never met him. But really like this DVD. Anyone who is all about closed guard will like it I'm certain.

30 bucks and 2 hours of closed guard concepts. Really clear instruction. Hard to beat. (despite the ridiculous lack of nudity)

For advanced guys you might find some parts in the beginning to be review, but it is review where you go.."Oh yeah..I remember learning that. I never do it, but I remember learning once that I should do that." I had a few of those moments already.

god, I wish I wasn't such a cheap ass. I definitely could use a quality vid like this.

And, no nude scenes? Isn't this a couple of dudes rolling? :)

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant tell you how frightening it is to see a thread that you know is going to contain some assessment of your instructional DVD. Since this is the first Ive done, the fear was intense! :)

Thank you so, so much for the kind review. I really appreciate the kind words and the time you took to express them. I really hope you get a lot out of it.

By the way, did you find the easter egg?

If you dont want to hunt for it, just send me a message and Ill tell you how to find it.

Thanks again!!

god, I wish I wasn't such a cheap ass. I definitely could use a quality vid like this.

And, no nude scenes? Isn't this a couple of dudes rolling? :)

Yeah. That's what I thought too. But Andreh kept hyping it on the UG that there would be tasteful frontal. I mean it isn't a deal-breaker I guess, I just feel a little lied to.

lol. j/k of course.

Yeah I know what you mean about being a cheap-ass. I am right in that boat with you. But I have always like Andreh's theories and knew his teaching style is great so I cut out the junk I usually buy at the 7-11 in the morning for a few days and bought the DVD instead hoping it will improve my jiu jitsu (even if only a little) more-so than a dark chocolate Kit Kat will...lol

I'm pleased with it so far. Lord knows I have spent more money on some really shitty instructionals that I instantly regretted....

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant tell you how frightening it is to see a thread that you know is going to contain some assessment of your instructional DVD. Since this is the first Ive done, the fear was intense! :)

Thank you so, so much for the kind review. I really appreciate the kind words and the time you took to express them. I really hope you get a lot out of it.

By the way, did you find the easter egg?

If you dont want to hunt for it, just send me a message and Ill tell you how to find it.

Thanks again!!

My pleasure, Andreh. Just an honest assessment of a good DVD. I don't think anyone could ask for too much more for the first time out making a DVD and doing it mostly on your own. (I assume that is what you did as I remember you asking about cameras on the UG.)

Most importantly, and something worth mentioning, is that you kept the quality high and the price low. That is mostly unheard of at the moment. I don't need 200 glossy inserts or flashy graphics in my instructional videos, because then I end up paying $60 for a $30 dollar DVD. I'm happy that you chose a basic/simple format with end to end instruction without filler or fluff.

You will have a repeat customer when you release another guaranteed.

Good work, sir.

i dunno...i'm still waitin' on mine, but it'll have to be pretty fuckin' awesome to beat a dark chocolate kitkat.

I just received mine today as well. I'm 5 minutes into it and I already like what I see. Will post thoughts later this week after further digesting . . .

Sweet. I'm up to the technique portion and I'm pretty excited to try out the first series of moves: the rey diogo sweep, rey sweep variation and rey sweep to armbar. very good dvd so far.

Sweet. I'm up to the technique portion and I'm pretty excited to try out the first series of moves: the rey diogo sweep, rey sweep variation and rey sweep to armbar. very good dvd so far.

I really like the first 23 minutes of theories on closed guard. Movement options, retention, and acting first when you feel a pass or your guard becoming compromised.

I'm a little embarrassed to say it, but I have been playing alot of closed guard for a number of years..and the very first thing Andreh taught was an eyeopener. The part about the space between your hips and their and theirs and your angles....where to keep your hips and how to angle your feet behind them. I was like a lightbulb going off in my head followed by a facepalm...

I really like the first 23 minutes of theories on closed guard. Movement options, retention, and acting first when you feel a pass or your guard becoming compromised.

I'm a little embarrassed to say it, but I have been playing alot of closed guard for a number of years..and the very first thing Andreh taught was an eyeopener. The part about the space between your hips and their and theirs and your angles....where to keep your hips and how to angle your feet behind them. I was like a lightbulb going off in my head followed by a facepalm...

lol i feel you bro. that was such an amazingly simple concept but i have been playing lazy man's guard since i've started training. hips on the ground and all. i can't wait to see what a difference it makes to brings my hips in and close that gap.

also, the bit about not forcing your sweeps and instead to attack them during their transitional movements. and using visual cues like their head movement . . . that was good. lightbulb moment for me as well.

lol i feel you bro. that was such an amazingly simple concept but i have been playing lazy man's guard since i've started training. hips on the ground and all. i can't wait to see what a difference it makes to brings my hips in and close that gap.

also, the bit about not forcing your sweeps and instead to attack them during their transitional movements. and using visual cues like their head movement . . . that was good. lightbulb moment for me as well.

Exactly. That one moment of AHA! Was worth the $30. But there are actually tons of great sweeps in here...and some bonus material with a 4 really good chokes. 2 of which I use all the time.

I feel these tiny mechanic changes are exactly what is keeping my game from progressing that extra step. I can learn a thousand things but as long as those little things are fundamentally wrong..I'm fighting against myself.

Back