Got my purple belt last night

Deltafarce

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Very humbling and surprising I’ve been slacking the last few years but about a year ago I started training a lot, and then I got more addicted to Jiujitsu then ever before. Even when my body was jacked up physically I still would drag into class and survive.

Just wanted to share

Must feel awesome man, congrats! How long did it take btw?

Congrats man, welcome to the no one takes it easy on you anymore belt!

Congrats man. Purple feels good.

Congrats. Welcome to the club.
I find Purple to be such a hard belt. The Whites and Blues are trying to prove something and the Brown and Black are trying to keep you humble.

Congrats!
They say that purple is when you need to start to take more ownership of your own training and direction. It's easy you plateau and I've felt that myself in my time at purple. White and blue felt like pure progress. You can get better simply by getting crushed and tapped.
It feels true that purple takes some deliberate planning and effort to get better. You'll have an answer for most any situation so it's easy to fall into the trap of sticking with your go to move set.

Took 9 years lol !!! I switched gyms a lot so I think that slowed things down but I’m happy to get it when I felt ready.

Definitely get treated differently, harder competition and getting smashed more than ever which is great

It’s been great and I love it so happy I found it, I’m still amazed that me as a regular guy who started with no martial arts experience and started later in life can hang with these monsters, mind boggling technique really does beat strength

Thanks for the support I lurk a lot and pickup a lot of good info here

Back