Got my new Spec 1 and fireball comp today (WITH PICS)

physicaltherapy

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Spec1

These bad boys are pretty cool. I actually like the look of them over the comp shorts. The material is made out of regular board shorts material. So we'll see how they hold up after I put it through a nogi class.

Everything is pretty much screened on except for the yoroi symbol which is embroidered. The gray line detail in the front is actually raised like a shoelace material. I did not take a picture of the velcro enclosure because I probably won't do it justice (it's on their website).

Not to piss off the sponsors but these are way hotter than any SPRAWL shorts on the market right now.

side split

These shorts are pretty nice too. I think that they'll be more durable than the spec1. The material for this one is pretty cool. The whole shorts stretch.

The waist band is elastic all the way around unlike the spec1 which is just on the sides. Both shorts are very adjustable but the comps are even more so. If you cut weight like a mofo these shorts are for you.

The inspirit logo and the yoroi symbol are both emroidered. The flames are screened, I guess, but it feels more like a plastic coating along the bottom edge of the shorts.

Again I didn't take pictures of the velcro system. Look it up on their website. You need a Masters degree to be able to cinch 'em up. Once they're on though, they're not coming off.

Great pics, they nicely illustrate the designs as well as the differences between the models. The first two pics make the shorts look green on my comp. As for the design they kinda look like the Sprawl Backlash design. The stitching especially at the hems of hte shorts don't look very strong. It makes me question their durability as well.

You mentioned that the Fireball Comp was made of a stretch material, is it like the Nogi shorts(if you have them)?

The compe model is very durable.I rolled in them last night,and they were amazing.

perfy said:
Great pics, they nicely illustrate the designs as well as the differences between the models. The first two pics make the shorts look green on my comp. As for the design they kinda look like the Sprawl Backlash design. The stitching especially at the hems of hte shorts don't look very strong. It makes me question their durability as well.

You mentioned that the Fireball Comp was made of a stretch material, is it like the Nogi shorts(if you have them)?

I don't have the nogi shorts...sorry.

Now the first ones look sweet.

props for getting pics up dude. very helpful.

~Foz

Where'd you get the Spec1's from? Any companies here in the US carryin' em?

That is sweet. I really need to get my hands on some of those shorts.

koreanizm said:
Where did you buy these shorts?

I bought them off of just be. I placed the order (or I should say my fiance placed the order) in the first week of October. It was supposed to be my aniversary gift, it turns out to be more like a christmas gift. . I didn't read the fine print on the website and it was basically out-of-stock at that point.

So it was a whole lot of cursing and waiting around. I keep checking for e-mails/updates everyday about when they were gonna be in stock. I think they were back in stock late November (25?) or early Dec (7?)....one of those dates. I received e-mail that they were shipping out Dec 19. The package that came in says it shipped out on the 20th of dec. I received it on the 23rd (This boggles my mind because I live in NY. If my georaphy is correct, Japan is pretty freakin far away. I guess the shipping doesn't take long. It's the processing.)

I was pretty excited, like a kid on Christmas day. I stared at the package and looked at all the Japanese characters and stuff. I even smelled the inside of the bag, thinking this is what Japan smells like :D.

They even gave me a free keychain (free with a $116 purchase. :wink: I think they charged my fiance for the old, cheaper prices because with the current prices it just doesn't add up.)

Probabaly the best looking shorts out on the market right now. (Nogi OEs coming a close 2nd, which I'll probably buy soon.) We'll see how they hold up. I'll do a review in about a month. I'm going to Vegas in 3 weeks with my buddies. I wanna do some no-gi training at the Las Vegas Combat Club (Frank Mir's gym) wearing these bad boys. I wanna look good while I get my ass kicked. Right now I have some injuries to nurse. :(

Overall, I guess I'm neutral. I love the shorts. I can't stand the waiting though, it was way too long. A whole season passed for Christ's sake.

I guess I should thank Just be .............for not forgetting about my order. I guess there are worse horror stories posted here on the boards.

Yeah foz cause I'd lie about getting a pair of shorts just so I could impress you guys.I'm just lying about it really,I mean I like lying to people on message boards about stuff I don't have cause it makes me feel better.I will post pics,not sure when,cause my sister didnt bring her digital camera home.You guys will just have to wait.I get my Spec 2's tommorow too,so you'll get to see pictures of those too now.

KzFactoryRumina said:
Yeah foz cause I'd lie about getting a pair of shorts just so I could impress you guys.I'm just lying about it really,I mean I like lying to people on message boards about stuff I don't have cause it makes me feel better.I will post pics,not sure when,cause my sister didnt bring her digital camera home.You guys will just have to wait.I get my Spec 2's tommorow too,so you'll get to see pictures of those too now.

Stranger things have happened.

Most of us want pics, not because we doubt you have them but to get a better idea of the design. The inspirit site doesn't show the back of the shorts nor how the crotch is stitched so I myself question the products durability. While the pics on their site are nice the ones posted physicaltherapy give oen a better idea of how the shorts actually are.

I have both of those shorts and let me tell you, they're plenty durable. They actually took a really long time to break in, but after 6-8 months of serious abuse, both pair are still going strong.

Is the material on the spec models stretchy at all or is that restricted to the compe?

Back