Got my new gi...

Prokofievian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It's basically the best thing ever. I got a keiko raca limited edition, and it just arrived this morning. In fact, I intercepted the mail-man as he was making his deliveries haha.

I made a thread about Gi's for tall lanky people, me being 6'3 181 pounds, I was really in between A3 and A4 for sizing. I made a judgement call, and decided to trust the sizing for keiko on rdfc.tv, as it was the only sizing that actually defined my dimensions.

It fits perfectly. If you are a tall lanky person, Keiko Raca in A3 will work awesomely.

Plus it looks fucking badass too.

The collar on this gi is about a quarter inch thick and is stiff as a board, is this something that's quite normal/good?

I cant wait to try this thing out.

I know how you feel, bro. I couldn't wait to get my new Koral...I was like a kid at Christmas time sitting and waiting for it.

just be careful bro...I got one of those Keiko's and mine shrunk like a mother fucker. I still can't machine dry it without it shrinking too much to wear.

Hmm not bad....

Im 6ft 170 so I would fit in that nicely too. I have a Koral now and its awesome but a LIL short....I'll try your suggestions next time.

It's basically the best thing ever. I got a keiko raca limited edition, and it just arrived this morning. In fact, I intercepted the mail-man as he was making his deliveries haha.

I made a thread about Gi's for tall lanky people, me being 6'3 181 pounds, I was really in between A3 and A4 for sizing. I made a judgement call, and decided to trust the sizing for keiko on rdfc.tv, as it was the only sizing that actually defined my dimensions.

It fits perfectly. If you are a tall lanky person, Keiko Raca in A3 will work awesomely.

Plus it looks fucking badass too.

The collar on this gi is about a quarter inch thick and is stiff as a board, is this something that's quite normal/good?

I cant wait to try this thing out.

Have you ever tried on a Gameness gi? If so, how does it compare, fit wise?

No patches bro, keep it traditional!

I would, but I'm at a Gracie Barra gym, and henceforth must adorn the insignia.

As for the gameness gi, this is the only Gi i've ever owned so no, I wouldn't be able to comment on the fit comparatively.

But it's siiiiiiick.

Thanks for the post. I am looking for a new gi and wondering about sizing. I'm 6'3/195ish. Update us on how it does in the washer/dryer. Hope it doesn't shrink up too much on you.

I have a keiko special edition in Navy. I'd say the first dozen times you wash it it will come out stiff as a board. It will break down after about a dozen washes though. The pants will shrink a bunch in the dryer but the top only shrink a bit. I wash/dry my Gi after every training sesion and it fits really nicely. I'm 6ft1 215 of awkward lankyness.

Keiko is the best. Funny thing is I got the blue navy limited A3. It shrunk and now fits perfect. But then I bought a white summer and it was too big and it didn't shrunk.

i have an atama gold, kagi clubsport, vulcan utra lite and fuji... gotta say the fuji is my favorite everday gi... then it's the vulcan then atama..

White. I dont even like the blue ones, much less any other colour. Maybe a shiny new black one, but when they fade, they look like old ****l shirts.

I agree 100%....I was asking because I was fishing for a "green" some wacky response. Obviously I wouldve made fun of you.

Back