Got my Judo brown belt tonight.

Thanks for the comparison between the two disiciplines. I would like to do some Judo since I'm taking BJJ.

dutchmasterj3 said:
Thanks for the comparison between the two disiciplines. I would like to do some Judo since I'm taking BJJ.

Well, honestly it's really tough to compare the two within the which is better context.
In one sense (as I've seen it described by someone here in the forums) it's like comparing a samurai sword to a European broad sword. They're both really good at what they're each designed for. Fundementally they're the same. But when you start abstracting and looking at the details, differences stand out.
And most of those differences come from tournament rules and point systems.

Congrats man! It sounds like it's over due to me.

Edit: Didn't realize the age of this thread and just saw it pop up. Sorry for supporting necroing of threads.

Last edited:
Yeah how's it going? How is your Judo game coming along? I figure around this point you will have you own stylized game, and I'd like to know=)

Last edited:
Nice. Congrats, Bubble Boy. That's a long time to be a green belt. I am sure the brown is more than deserved.

this thread is from 2006 people. hahaha.

It got revived, and I jumped on it.

I wonder, sometimes a long dead thread will pop up on my subscription list, even though no one has bumped it. Wonder if there is an error in the sherdog network?

Where has Bubble Boy been?

Yo man, whats the haps?

Don't know if he even posts in his training logs anymore? Shoutout Bubbles, if you are still kickin around.

<edit>
Just noticed his thread re the judo book.

Last edited:
Back