Got my first ever submission at training yesterday

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by omarion, Oct 27, 2010.

1. omarion

omarion Yellow Belt

It was an amazing feeling, we were doing some no-gi grappling at my MMA class, and I had started off with a single leg into half guard, but my opponent had a really tight grip on my leg, so I started working from an Americana to either get the tap, or to distract him so I could slip to side control. I managed to get to side control, but I kept hold on the Keylock to get the tap. Instead, he started to roll away from me on to his side, and I threw in a hook and took his back. I managed to straighten him out and get the other hook in, and put in a rear-naked choke. It felt good getting my first succesful submission after a month and a half of getting decimated xD

Post some stories of your first submissions too!

2. kung fu kenny

kung fu kenny Yellow Belt

The first of many more to come, well done.
    Can't remember my exact first, but I do remember early on in training me throwing up the legs from guard and hitting an armbar and being totally shocked that it worked lol

3. All_in

All_in Yellow Belt

the first month was horrible, turning purple and head swimming sucks eyeballs felt like they had bulged out more times than i could count but to my advantage my group of white belts was then split away from the other guys due to an upcoming meet so they could train with the other toplevel guys we had a purple and a brown instructing us who were pretty cool. after about 2 weeks doing mostly drills and working escapes without typical randori we were allowed to do actually rolling. so my first full roll with other whites/blues went like this. my decently sized partner to pulled guard, i underhooked his leg which spun him into belly/back on the ground. he was smooth tho and fought back around to belly/belly. i tucked my head under slipped around and pulled arm triangle, he rolled out but left his neck out grabbed guillotine and sat back and sinched it... it was very satisfying....next round he got me with a super nasty triangle... fucker!lawlz

4. Gerbiljiujitsu

Gerbiljiujitsu Purple Belt

the first one feels the best! Sometimes when I land a new move that I've been working on I still get pumped and I've been grappling for over 7 years, so that feeling doesnt really go away.

Congrats, keep training !

5. Jamie Hughes

Jamie Hughes Amateur Fighter

well done mate, i remeber my first sub was an armbar, guy postured up to his fett from guard and i finished it from there. was the best feeling, until i subbed my first blue,then purple hehe

keep training hard :)

6. Goat Meal

Goat Meal Shhh Belt

I honestly can't remember my first sub since it has been so long. Congrats, though. Keep up the good work.