Got My Blue Tonight (Kinda long read)

Kuroi Kaze said:
kids just get these blues way too fast these days.

2 year minimum. word.

I train 6 times a week.
It should take me the same amount of time to get my blue compared to a guy who trains 2 times a week?

Where did you learn to count?

My progression is much faster then other people who started around same time i did.... I tap them easily 8-12 times in a 6 minute roll.
Your statement is retarded....

if you train more, youll get better faster. Simple as that, always will be.

Gsoares2 said:
I train 6 times a week.
It should take me the same amount of time to get my blue compared to a guy who trains 2 times a week?

My progression is much faster then other people who started around same time i did.... I tap them easily 8-12 times in a 6 minute roll.

exactly,i train 5 days a week and do 3 classes a day,ofcourse imma be learning quickly

Gsoares2 said:
I train 6 times a week.

this guy doesn't. got his blue in 9 months? wtf.
2 times a week for 9 months with no prior grappling doesn't really sound like blue belt experience.

hell we had judoka blackbelts come into our gym and our 2 year whitebelts gave them all they could handle. you have to be demonically good to get a bluebelt at our school. the only person to progress faster was jimmy "spider" salamenca who took Pan-Am in under a year and fought over 200 times in a year to advance.

sounds like blue isn't as big of a skill difference at other schools as it is in ours.

just because one person gettin there blue in 9 months like thart doesnt mean others that did it dont deserve it

Welcome to the subjective world of belt ranks.

I've heard stories that there were originally no belts in martial arts. You just knew a guy was good because his belt was dirty and tattered (they didn't wash them). Probably just a pretty story...

But I kind wish it was still that way (don't get me wrong, I've done the whole belt thing in TKD). But I'm liking that there are no belts in my Sambo class. Just work out and train and get better to get better...

belts are short term goals to help build the sytem. I think it helps to have them.. Some people become to focused on the belt though.

its semi sorta that way. The purple belts at our school have had their purples so long they are in shreads and falling apart. they are dark and nasty dirty from years of abuse and never washing..

Our blues do murder our white belts... Ive seen guys take as long as two years to get a blue. But then again ive seen guys get it in 6 months.

Multiple pan am champs have come out of the school i train at... So cant say it isnt tough here.

Some people pick up on thing smuch faster, Prior experience, flexibility, philosophy, personal fitness all have a hand in how fast you get your blue.........

YOu develop a way of thinking. Just because some people can do it faster then you, doesnt mean they are not as good.

i kinda feel like it's a stock.

the bigger flood of blues that haven't had years of experience, the cheaper feeling the whole blue belt level is. y'know?

Gsoares2 said:
they are dark and nasty dirty from years of abus and enver washing..
I don't wash my belt. Don't know why? doesn't it fade? Or you looking for some the experienced look?

it depends on the school...for me, Im pretty close to getting my blue. I train 5-6 times a week for the past 10 months( i've had my ribs broken twice but continued to train) and in my weight I tap blue belts regularly..now way outside my weight is a much different story haha. But getting a higher belt isnt just on skill level(well mostly but not all) but how much u devote your time to train. I mean I think the original tread starter might have gotten his belt a little early, but he might be a complete badass. Congrats by the way

ClubberLange said:
I don't wash my belt. Don't know why? doesn't it fade? Or you looking for some the experienced look?
HUH?

They fade from regular use... my point was belts are not simply handed out.
The guys with the purples have had them untill they are falling apart into shreads...before advance for brown

I train 6-7 times a week now.. and it kills my body the weekend is my recovery time..
6 times - Monday - Thursday Then like one extra time over the weeknd on saturdays or something.

GracieMMAbarra. You have the same problem?

Gsoares2 said:
I train 6-7 times a week now.. and it kills my body the weekend is my recovery time..
6 times - Monday - Thursday Then like one extra time over the weeknd on saturdays or something.

GracieMMAbarra. You have the same problem?

haha yeah...when I train with the judoka guys, my arms start killing me. Take 2 advils before you go to sleep, it helps relax the muscles. When I wake up I like to do some streching.

congrats!!!
I got my blue in a little over a year.
some people progress faster than others and that's ok.
I don't believe in schools sandbagging their students to win comps either...
pan-ams had a guy at blue who had about 9yrs experience or so that my friend had to roll with.

when you start to hang with the blues after a year or so and maybe beat 1 out of 4 rolls with other blues (more experienced) your probably ready.

we do about 100 classes rather than yrs because like someone said...you can go 6times a week or once a week and if you say "i've been training a year" there is a huge difference.

Andre00 said:
congrats!!!
I got my blue in a little over a year.
some people progress faster than others and that's ok.
I don't believe in schools sandbagging their students to win comps either...
pan-ams had a guy at blue who had about 9yrs experience or so that my friend had to roll with.

when you start to hang with the blues after a year or so and maybe beat 1 out of 4 rolls with other blues (more experienced) your probably ready.

we do about 100 classes rather than yrs because like someone said...you can go 6times a week or once a week and if you say "i've been training a year" there is a huge difference.

You bring up a fabulous point. Would you guys who complain about belts moving quickly rather have a blue belt with a little less experience timewise, or would you rather have someone sandbagging like crazy as a white?

NEwrestler said:
i got mine in like 5 months added up between semesters cause i cant train at school,but if someone tryied whippin me with a wet belt i wouldnt be too happy

Did you get fries with that?

Back