Got my blue belt saturday

jcandoitbig

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
ahh what a feeling. been training over 2.5 years with some breaks (knee injury {3 months} and moved up north and back {4 months} )....I train under Jeff Baldwin at Rebellion (formally Roy Harris Academy and not affiliated with Roy anymore). I'm the bottom right

best part was, one of my toughest training partners got his purple after over 5 years as a blue.

feels weird to have a crisp, mint condition belt on lol, my white was in pretty bad shape.

Last edited:
Congratulations, man!

I was so bad when I got my blue belt, I actually thought I was pretty good.

Congratulations on the promotion. Your instructor needs to learn to tie belts while facing people.

Last edited:
thanks everyone! now the journey truly begins....

Congratulations! !

You know they say if you only use the first whiye belt you ever got and train hard for a long time, eventually it turns black

Keep training

Congrats, you are a person now. Lol jk Blue belts have magic powers. Embrace it.

Congrats, you are a person now. Lol jk Blue belts have magic powers. Embrace it.

haha yea now the purps/browns/blacks at my school don't feel bad absolutely smashing me.

there's a black belt around 230lb at our gym and he cross collar choked me 4 times in a row from mount in a 6 minute roll. lol. welcome to blue belt i guess.

ahh what a feeling. been training over 2.5 years with some breaks (knee injury {3 months} and moved up north and back {4 months} )....I train under Jeff Baldwin at Rebellion (formally Roy Harris Academy and not affiliated with Roy anymore). I'm the bottom right

best part was, one of my toughest training partners got his purple after over 5 years as a blue.

feels weird to have a crisp, mint condition belt on lol, my white was in pretty bad shape.

Congrats on getting your blue. Now the hard part is not quitting.. I'm sure you have heard of the drop out rates for blues.. but inquiring minds would like to know what happened with Roy and who are you all with now?

Congrats on getting your blue. Now the hard part is not quitting.. I'm sure you have heard of the drop out rates for blues.. but inquiring minds would like to know what happened with Roy and who are you all with now?

not sure man...but he's not affiliated with him anymore. we're a checkmat affiliate now, jeff and some of our browns/blacks go up to hq occasionally and roll. dirty holt might know a few of them

Back