Got ktfo'ed, now i seek revenge

Roundhouseit

White Belt
Reaction score
Wrote earlier in anger that i wanted to gain weight after suffering a ko loss.

Well now im more settled and i realized that you all are right and that i need to work more on my skills instead of weight.

SO..

As a tall guy, 6,2 at 165lbs, how will I beat a seriously hard hitting guy thats built like a tank?

In our fight (the short while it lasted) it was going pretty well until he landed a hook at my jaw and i got ko'ed. About 20 sec into the fight and gosh it has been a hard hard time afterwards trying to find motivation...

I kick like a MF and say that without bragging, been chopping guys down at FTR fights but i generally fight amateur fights with shinpads and yeh. My kicks really dont hurt much with shinpads on.

My current coach really dont bother discussing the fights afterwards and I almost dont get any individual attention at all. Therefore I have to review the fights myself try to come up with ideas to improve.

So please send any tip youve got.

Do you have a tape of the fight? That will help a lot. It's hard to correct things when none of us know what what led up to the KO.

Ill help, your pretty tall for your weight man, how is your opponent??? Im guessing shorter so first you gotta establish the jab and fight on the outside where you have the advantage

Also, stick and move... Go in throw a combo and then side step to the sides.. If he attacks, dont backup straight, circle out

And shit happens man, dont worry everyone can get ktfo, I hope you get ur revenge (this isnt in the streets right??)

Ill help, your pretty tall for your weight man, how is your opponent??? Im guessing shorter so first you gotta establish the jab and fight on the outside where you have the advantage

Also, stick and move... Go in throw a combo and then side step to the sides.. If he attacks, dont backup straight, circle out

And shit happens man, dont worry everyone can get ktfo, I hope you get ur revenge (this isnt in the streets right??)

Lol ty and no its a MT fight

Cant share vid also

Clinch and knees when he sets up his punching range

Clinch and knees when he sets up his punching range

Exactly this. Work your kicks and be smart with the Range. Keep him in your kicking range with teeps and if he comes into punching range just go in the clinch and hit him with knees. In the clinch you need to do some work and don't let him time to throw some hooks.

Don't really follow kick punching sports anymore but I vaguely remember A Japanese fighter by the name of Sato? He was tall and very skinny but yet successful. Try watching vids of him. I wanna say he threw a lot of foot jabs and long knees

Spam Fn jabs all day and establish range. Just build a piston right hand (if you're conventional). Play the long mans game.

My current coach really dont bother discussing the fights afterwards and I almost dont get any individual attention at all. Therefore I have to review the fights myself try to come up with ideas to improve.

find a new gym

I'm 6'6", 222lb, in my fights the opponents have always been shorter and wider. I use straight punches and all me kicks. If they're close enough to hook and you ain't clinched them, you done gone fucked up. Long range or clinch. Get your revenge, get ya body weight behind them kicks too, shinpads shouldn't make much diff. Your technique will be your win.

^ this.

If you're a heavyweight / light heavyweight , shin pads do fuck all in lessening the blow.
If I wrap a sledgehammer with some bubble wrap it'll still brain you just fine.......without even dirtying up my hammer with your filthy blood ..........*hmm , note to self.....

back on topic , some top level kickboxers actually wear shinpad(s) to their fights !

^ this.

If you're a heavyweight / light heavyweight , shin pads do fuck all in lessening the blow.
If I wrap a sledgehammer with some bubble wrap it'll still brain you just fine.......without even dirtying up my hammer with your filthy blood ..........*hmm , note to self.....

back on topic , some top level kickboxers actually wear shinpad(s) to their fights !

Not sure if I should make a note or call police

If you really want revenge buy a machete and chop his ass off.... Never fails

Wrote earlier in anger that i wanted to gain weight after suffering a ko loss.

Well now im more settled and i realized that you all are right and that i need to work more on my skills instead of weight.

SO..

As a tall guy, 6,2 at 165lbs, how will I beat a seriously hard hitting guy thats built like a tank?

In our fight (the short while it lasted) it was going pretty well until he landed a hook at my jaw and i got ko'ed. About 20 sec into the fight and gosh it has been a hard hard time afterwards trying to find motivation...

I kick like a MF and say that without bragging, been chopping guys down at FTR fights but i generally fight amateur fights with shinpads and yeh. My kicks really dont hurt much with shinpads on.

So please send any tip youve got.

You sound tall at the weight and he I'm guessing is much shorter and stockier if he's built like a tank, so you have a reach advantage. Use it. Learn how to fight at range. He hit you with a hook, a medium range weapon. Concentrate on long techniques like straight punches, long knees and kicks especially teeps to keep him at bay. If he gets close, tie him up in the clinch. I'm guessing that being tall and lanky you have a tendency to hang your chin out there. Work on tucking it in behind your shoulders so that he can't connect with it so easily.

Not sure if I should make a note or call police

i don't see anything wrong with Kounter's post. Do you know how difficult it is to wash blood off a sledgehammer?... greatest effin' idea i've seen posted in here in a while!...

Back