GoT fans, let's break it down. What precisely is it that makes this series so great?

Lots of ass
Lots of boobage
Lots of violence
Decent characters until they're inevitably killed.
Decent writing

the 3 movies were different stories (except for frodo & sam) on different scales. the greatness of the 1st movie doesnt diminish the awesomeness of the other 2. i know a lot of ppl who like twin towers the best (prob cuz of the battle for helms deep)

Maybe that's just it. The battle scenes are cool, but I was more interested in the character moments.

Have you read the books or only watched the show?

I'm all caught up on the show and just started reading the first book. So far I'm find the reading experience to be uneven. There's a fairly wide gap between my enthusiasm when reading the chapters for my favorite characters and my enthusiasm when reading the chapters for characters I don't care nearly as much about.

Reading the books was funny sometimes. You'd get through an awesome Tyrrion chapter, or something, and think to yourself "Holy shit, this is awesome". Then you'd turn the page and the first thing you'd see is "SANSA":icon_evil

Dragons and oddities within society of thronedome. :icon_chee

Reading the books was funny sometimes. You'd get through an awesome Tyrrion chapter, or something, and think to yourself "Holy shit, this is awesome". Then you'd turn the page and the first thing you'd see is "SANSA":icon_evil

LOL yes! Exactly!

That's totally how I feel. There are definitely ups and downs.

Jon - YES!
Eddard - YES!
Tyrion - YES!
Sansa - Aw fuck

Theon_205.jpg

Have you read the books or only watched the show?

I'm all caught up on the show and just started reading the first book. So far I'm find the reading experience to be uneven. There's a fairly wide gap between my enthusiasm when reading the chapters for my favorite characters and my enthusiasm when reading the chapters for characters I don't care nearly as much about.

The second and third books are so much better. The show does justice to book 1.

Season 1 still the best. Went downhill from there besides Blackwater.

The closest you'll find to GoT has to be Rome. Multiple plotlines and characters. Twists and Turns. And the creators of GoT even admitted that Rome was a big influence on them.

Rome has been over for 8 years and didn't have any fantasy elements. But yes, it was awesome.

Rome has been over for 8 years and didn't have any fantasy elements. But yes, it was awesome.

As a history student, I'll say that its depiction of Egypt was pure fantasy. :icon_chee

I liked Spartacus but it was just violence and boobs without the quality writing and strong characters. It was mindless, stylized entertainment.

Spartacus himself not a strong character? Oenomaus, Crixus, Batiatus, Lucretia not strong?

The story of a slave's rebellion against the Rome he once served not strong?

No no no no. . . I disagree with you. Spartacus is like a top 5 show of all time, and it's not because of the violence and sex.

Having such a massive, diverse cast + very few characters with plot armor + the fact that the bad guys win more often than the "heroes."

Spartacus himself not a strong character? Oenomaus, Crixus, Batiatus, Lucretia not strong?

The story of a slave's rebellion against the Rome he once served not strong?

No no no no. . . I disagree with you. Spartacus is like a top 5 show of all time, and it's not because of the violence and sex.

tumblr_mzucauvoa11ru72puo1_r1_400.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back