Got Cracked in hard sparring head doesn't feel the same 2 + weeks after

Gangsters_Paradise

Gangster Belt
Banned
Reaction score
So I got cracked by a hard shot to the top left part of my head actually I was hit multiple times to the face jaw sides of the head got a black eye etc but nothing really that stood out except this one punch that I took to the top of the head. When I got hit by the punch I sort of blacked out for a split second like when you turn a tv off it goes black but then turned right back on. Anyways I was wondering what it means that I feel this weird pressure right where I got hit about 2 - 3 days after the sparring and now it's been like 2 + weeks and I still feel it sort of like a numb slightly tingly feeling. My skull felt similar to when you're diving to the bottom of the deep end of a pool and you feel the pressure in your head. for a week after but that went away for the most part. Now it's just that one side of my head feeling slightly numb/tingly.

During the sparring I was never rocked or had wobbly legs but for like a week or 2 after I felt slightly hazy/sleepy and noticed I was making a few errors in day to day actions and my short term memory was worst. I don't have insurance can't go to the doc to check me out I'm taking a break from sparring for a while to stay on the safe side. Usually I go hard and I'm able to take some hard shots and feel fine afterwards this time. The guy outweighed me by at least 70 pounds and was taller than me by about 11 inches.

Cliffs
Hard Sparring against a larger guy
Got cracked with a hard shot to the top left side of the head
felt hazy/sleepy 2-3 days after sparring
2 weeks later still don't feel quite "normal"
tingly/numb feeling where I got hit with a hard shot
Don't know what it means

So I got cracked by a hard shot to the top left part of my head actually I was hit multiple times to the face jaw sides of the head got a black eye etc but nothing really that stood out except this one punch that I took to the top of the head. When I got hit by the punch I sort of blacked out for a split second like when you turn a tv off it goes black but then turned right back on. Anyways I was wondering what it means that I feel this weird pressure right where I got hit about 2 - 3 days after the sparring and now it's been like 2 + weeks and I still feel it sort of like a numb slightly tingly feeling. My skull felt similar to when you're diving to the bottom of the deep end of a pool and you feel the pressure in your head. for a week after but that went away for the most part. Now it's just that one side of my head feeling slightly numb/tingly.

During the sparring I was never rocked or had wobbly legs but for like a week or 2 after I felt slightly hazy/sleepy and noticed I was making a few errors in day to day actions and my short term memory was worst. I don't have insurance can't go to the doc to check me out I'm taking a break from sparring for a while to stay on the safe side. Usually I go hard and I'm able to take some hard shots and feel fine afterwards this time. The guy outweighed me by at least 70 pounds and was taller than me by about 11 inches.

Cliffs
Hard Sparring against a larger guy
Got cracked with a hard shot to the top left side of the head
felt hazy/sleepy 2-3 days after sparring
2 weeks later still don't feel quite "normal"
tingly/numb feeling where I got hit with a hard shot
Don't know what it means

I had the same problem but with my jaw. I went to nyc to spar. And my boy who is a really good kickboxers and had punches like bricks, hit me on the button of the chin right as i was coming in. And i felt my whole jaw kind of move in my head. I tried to ignore it for a while and spar at my gym in NJ, but it got worse and for nearly a week and a half it was hurting, i went to a doctor and he prescribed me some anti flomenssants. But than @Reyesnuthugr told me about something called tiger balm which is a sports cream that makes shit heal faster when you rub it on the muscle or hurt part thats feeling pain.

I had the same problem but with my jaw. I went to nyc to spar. And my boy who is a really good kickboxers and had punches like bricks, hit me on the button of the chin right as i was coming in. And i felt my whole jaw kind of move in my head. I tried to ignore it for a while and spar at my gym in NJ, but it got worse and for nearly a week and a half it was hurting, i went to a doctor and he prescribed me some anti flomenssants. But than @Reyesnuthugr told me about something called tiger balm which is a sports cream that makes shit heal faster when you rub it on the muscle or hurt part thats feeling pain.

are you sure they are called anti flomenssants because I googled that and couldn't come up with anything. Thanks for the response

Don’t fuck around, see a Doc..

Go see a fucking doctor, and don't spar again until you do.

I have no advice

However, I got cracked in the face and it took 2 months before I could crack a smile without pain

2 weeks and you dont feel the same is worrying

Maybe after a full on 12 rounder with 8oz gloves fair enough

But a spar with headgear and 16oz gloves where no one is going for the kill.

Sounds odd

Defo go to the docs

2 weeks and you dont feel the same is worrying

Maybe after a full on 12 rounder with 8oz gloves fair enough

But a spar with headgear and 16oz gloves where no one is going for the kill.

Sounds odd

Defo go to the docs

no headgear i don't wear headgear when i spar

Like everyone said a doctor will be your best bet. But if you want to do your own research I would suggest googling “post concussion syndrome” as it sounds like you may have it.

It’s like experiencing concussion symptoms but all the time for a long period of time. It really really sucks, takes very long to recover from and some people never fully recover from their brain injury.

What you do next immediately after is probably the most important for recovery.
If I was a doctor (which I’m not) I would suggest the bare minimum be 90 days no contact. Depending on the length and severity I’m sure doctors have prescribed no contact 1 year+

Last edited:
I'd see the Dr asap now.

You can probably carry on doing CV work, pads etc, but even then I probably wouldn't want to jar my head (eg running, grappling) until well I started to feel normal again.

As someone who is dealing with long term consequences after several concussions myself, who wrote my bachelor on post concussion syndrome, is working with people with concussions and currently writing a scientific article on it, don't rush it. It doesn't have to be that, but as everyone else has said go get checked out by a doctor and/or a neurologist. Most primary care physicians know absolutely jack about concussions, so you might want to get a referral to an expert.

When you say you don't feel normal, can you elaborate? There's a big distinction between having a sore jaw like @ironkhan57 said, and dealing with a "scrambled" brain.

As someone who is dealing with long term consequences after several concussions myself, who wrote my bachelor on post concussion syndrome, is working with people with concussions and currently writing a scientific article on it, don't rush it. It doesn't have to be that, but as everyone else has said go get checked out by a doctor and/or a neurologist. Most primary care physicians know absolutely jack about concussions, so you might want to get a referral to an expert.

When you say you don't feel normal, can you elaborate? There's a big distinction between having a sore jaw like @ironkhan57 said, and dealing with a "scrambled" brain.

well I just don't feel like my normal self and the part of my head that got hit hurts not very painfully but a weird sensation of numbness tingly along with pain. When I wake up in the morning I don't feel it but as the day progresses and the longer i'm awake the more I feel it. Also whenI say i don't feel normal I mean I just don't feel as "peppy" as I usually have more energy and my thoughts move quicker now I feel slightly "slow mo" like my head feels like it's underwater. I'm feeling better today tho got a good nights sleep

well I just don't feel like my normal self and the part of my head that got hit hurts not very painfully but a weird sensation of numbness tingly along with pain. When I wake up in the morning I don't feel it but as the day progresses and the longer i'm awake the more I feel it. Also whenI say i don't feel normal I mean I just don't feel as "peppy" as I usually have more energy and my thoughts move quicker now I feel slightly "slow mo" like my head feels like it's underwater. I'm feeling better today tho got a good nights sleep
Headaches, anxiety, sleep loss, foggy feeling, tired, sensitivity to light and sounds, bad mood/down?

Getting a (minor) concussion can definitely effect your mood and energy levels. I wont comment too much on the tingling because I don't want to diagnoise you online. You need to go see a doctor about it!

Fish Oil helps it heal better and more fully, from the studies that have been posted years back.

Don't spar again until it's all back to normal (don't kid yourself even a little bit or it will get much worse) and still give yourself another month or 6 of buffer time just to be sure.

Brains weren't made to be tough and you only get one

Fish Oil helps it heal better and more fully, from the studies that have been posted years back.

Don't spar again until it's all back to normal (don't kid yourself even a little bit or it will get much worse) and still give yourself another month or 6 of buffer time just to be sure.

Brains weren't made to be tough and you only get one

I was just thinking about buying some Omega 3 fatty acid fish oil about 5 minutes before I read this post thank you. Yea I definitely know what's up because I've been sparring for a while and never had this happen I know it's no bueno and definitely won't be taking any chances what so ever.

Headaches, anxiety, sleep loss, foggy feeling, tired, sensitivity to light and sounds, bad mood/down?

Getting a (minor) concussion can definitely effect your mood and energy levels. I wont comment too much on the tingling because I don't want to diagnoise you online. You need to go see a doctor about it!

Headaches not the typical headaches more like a pressure type deal and part of my head feels "hollow" and heavy at the same time. Not really much anxiety, my sleep schedule has always been messed up but i'm not really sleepless i'm more hazy/sleepy during the day like sort of in a day dream and yea my thoughts feel "foggy" and aren't firing off as quick as before. My mood I can't really say have always been stable but I do feel slightly more quick tempered. It's just that one part of my head that's affecting me as far as the weird feeling goes

05004_02B.jpg

If I were to guess the exact location it would be the Parietal lobe the green part on the left side of the brain in that image. I feel like a soreness like a bruise feeling in that part

I was just thinking about buying some Omega 3 fatty acid fish oil about 5 minutes before I read this post thank you. Yea I definitely know what's up because I've been sparring for a while and never had this happen I know it's no bueno and definitely won't be taking any chances what so ever.

Headaches not the typical headaches more like a pressure type deal and part of my head feels "hollow" and heavy at the same time. Not really much anxiety, my sleep schedule has always been messed up but i'm not really sleepless i'm more hazy/sleepy during the day like sort of in a day dream and yea my thoughts feel "foggy" and aren't firing off as quick as before. My mood I can't really say have always been stable but I do feel slightly more quick tempered. It's just that one part of my head that's affecting me as far as the weird feeling goes

05004_02B.jpg

If I were to guess the exact location it would be the Parietal lobe the green part on the left side of the brain in that image. I feel like a soreness like a bruise feeling in that part
Alright. I really don't want to say anymore before you've been been seen by someone, but if you need some advice afterwards let me know. For now take it easy and don't do anything with contact.

you should see a Doc as soon as you can. Worth your while to make sure nothing else is going on.

If you go and tell any medical professional about numbness and tingling 2 weeks after any impact to your neuro system, you will generate some interest to say the least lol...I'd be going to a doctor right about:

NOW

TLDR. Also, go see a doctor.

Back