got attacked after class

1.) One word explanation, you suffered from the hands of = ROID RAGE

2.) Sometimes I noticed that novice or beginners will think they are going 20%, but in fear they will spar 100% because they cant control themselves. Other guy probably got clipped by you hard but you did not notice it. He probably got mad or frustrated.

3.) Don't spar, unless you can control yourself, both technically and emotionally.

4.) Sparring sessions are not proving grounds or real fights, no such thing as winning a spar. I find it funny when noobies brag about winning a sparring session. Sparring should be for technical, timing, and movement, not power. Power is for the pads and the bags. Keep the real fighting for real fights. Noobies will brag about their sparring records, LOL! 100-0 in sparring but 0 record in real fights.

unless you are chute boxe!

update on this thread. was busy at work for a little while and forgot to post. guy was kicked out for a few weeks and will be allowed in again when head coach says so

now watch this sparring session, of rage. not relaxed, full power. What do you learn out of this? Yes, you can take a hit maybe? maybe... which one of these do you learn from? Clearly, one guy just knows he can beat up a less skilled partner, and other guys learn nothing except it hurts getting beat up.
guy in the blue got so sleeepppt

The most mature way you could resolve this is by entering a committed relationship with his mother and then breaking her heart after impregnating her with his little half-brother.

Also, you'll become his stepdad <GinJuice>

I started a thai boxing class with my pal mayby 8 months ago ? About a week before xmas i had gone home and my pal got into trouble with a well know nutter from my area and pulled the clinch and got a large part of his ear bitten off
He managed to knock the guy out with knees but is there any known defence from bites or eye gauges ?

That there is the difference between the street and sport fighting.

If you are doing Muay Thai for self defence just be wary of its limitations on the street. If you want to defend eye gouges and all that nasty stuff, best do a more reality based art. But the main thing is to be proficient in something. As in, better to be at a really good MT gym and learning that, than at a shitty reality martial art gym.

Back