Got any questions for Braulio?

dasmoose1234

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Braulio Estima is in Belfast, Northern Ireland this Friday and Saturday to give seminars at Gracie Barra NI, and I have the privilege of interviewing him for the irish bjj site BJJ.ie. Braulio will also be letting us film a technique to put on youtube as well - I don't know if he's willing to take requests but if you guys come up with something cool I can sure ask :)

We really want to make this a more interesting interview than the usual "how long have you been training, where did you start" etc - so i'd love to hear some suggestions for the grappling forum for interesting questions. I'm going to be the guy asking the questions so if you come up with something I like, you're going to see a video on youtube within the week of Braulio answering it.

So let's hear it!

Braulio Estima is in Belfast, Northern Ireland this Friday and Saturday to give seminars at Gracie Barra NI, and I have the privilege of interviewing him for the irish bjj site BJJ.ie. Braulio will also be letting us film a technique to put on youtube as well - I don't know if he's willing to take requests but if you guys come up with something cool I can sure ask :)

We really want to make this a more interesting interview than the usual "how long have you been training, where did you start" etc - so i'd love to hear some suggestions for the grappling forum for interesting questions. I'm going to be the guy asking the questions so if you come up with something I like, you're going to see a video on youtube within the week of Braulio answering it.

So let's hear it!

Whats his favourite colour?

Whens he going to fight in MMA again?

Whats his opinion of the guard in MMA?

What is his opinion of Rickson? (Ive asked every famous grappler this to see what insight they have, whether its a story or something, and all of them have praised him, no matter what lineage they are from!)

"What do you feel is the most neglected aspect of BJJ training?" is a question I love to hear elite players and coaches answer.

What is he working on in his own training right now?

What does he do to mentally prepare for big tournaments?

Already some good questions have been posted. Can you ask him what he thinks about the comments made by Relson about Gracie Barra not including self defence techniques or something to that effect.

I'd like to know if this is true

taken from rickson v roger

funny storey about rickson...after braulio won adcc, apparently rickson told him he had a lot of potential and that when he learns how to move his hips he could be really good

A few other question for Braulio:

• One of the rare times i have seen you(Braulio) have trouble with your guard was against Jacare. This was awhile ago and each time you looked better against him. What do you think were the mistakes you were making? And how did you go about fixing them?
  • Is there anyone in sport bjj you would like to have a superfight with?
  • What do you think separates the good jiujitsu player from the excellent player?
  • How did your game evolve through the ranks?

Technique wise i'd like to see how he sets up his favorite armlock from guard.

Back