Got a rediculous amount of weigh to lose.

Fuck it. Give it shot. Either way, you'll discover something about yourself that you didn't previously know.

Either:

A) I can't drop a lot of weight in 6 weeks.

or

B) Knuckles are delicious.

There's a thought. Maybe you can get your opponent to wrap his knuckles in bacon as a payoff for losing all that weight.

Even if you can lose 50lbs in six weeks, do you really believe that you'll be in any condition to fight?

Who are you doing a favor by taking the fight? Definitely not yourself, definitely not your team, and sure as hell not the fans paying to watch you.

Option A: You don't make weight. The fight doesn't happen dissappointing yourself for making the commitment and the people who paid to see the number of fights that should have happened. Your team/manager also looks bad for not whipping you into shape. Nobody cares about the background story if you don't make the weight. Bottom line is you should make the weight if you accept the fight.

Option B: You make weight but you are pathetically weak and dehydrated. You'll disgrace yourself, team/manager, and the fans will be bummed out on watching someone who "shouldn't be in there". Again, they don't care about the background story as to why you are so out of shape. This scenario just screams for excuses after the fight.

Keep us updated if you decide to take the fight. I've lost 45 pounds in six months, but I also lost a lot of my strength and muscle in the process. I would reccomend laying off any kind of heavy weightlifting. Stick to circuits if you do work out and do very light leg workouts, if any. If you run or do cardio, let that be your leg workouts. If you got tree trunk legs, weight will drop quickly the leaner you get them. I would advise you to eat very light dinners no later than 630 all depending on what time you go to bed. Of course no processed sugar, which may have been a key factor in your "weight gain". Drink tons and tons of water, helps curb your appetite and flushes out the gunk. Also, if you handle it, sprints. Either at a track or on the treadmill. Run a lap as fast as you can then walk a lap. Do this for a mile then build up to three miles. Try sprints for 30mins then stair climber for another 30 minutes. Weight lifting will help especially if you don't lift weights at all. Just keep the weight reasonably light and the reps up. Good Luck

Well, when I was in really good shape, I weighed about 240. At my worst I balooned up to 345, and am down to about 313. I've gotta make 265. I'm not saying this is smart, but, everyone outside this forum says stepping in a cage to fight someone is crazy. Be weak? Probably. Is it stupid? Yeah. Am I smart enough to take the intelligent advice that you're all giving me? God no.

Then don't bother posting retarded threads like this one. Are you a professional fighter? Are you fighting for a living? The answers to these are obviously no. After a back injury, jigga what? Hey fatass, even if you can drop the weight you will get KTFO.

Yeah, your back injury may have been due to the fact that you are overweight. Even at 240 that's way overweight. Extra weight on the frame like that leads to injuries that might otherwise be prevented. Lose the weight for a better and healthy lifestyle, including a better sex life, not for a fight that comes and goes.

Yeah, your back injury may have been due to the fact that you are overweight. Even at 240 that's way overweight. Extra weight on the frame like that leads to injuries that might otherwise be prevented. Lose the weight for a better and healthy lifestyle, including a better sex life, not for a fight that comes and goes.

At his height, it really depends on how much muscle mass he's carrying on his frame. I'm 5'10-11" and right now I'm fat, but there's a picture of me in the "what do you look like" thread in the gear & equipment section when I was about 255 or so. I wasn't hugely fat at that weight.

As a wrestler with plenty of weight cutting experience, i'd recommend for you to not do this. Unless you don't care about the result of the fight. There'll be other opportunities where you will be able to perform better.

Dude, no. Don't take a fight 6 weeks from now when you're not even close to your target weight. That's just stupid beyond words.

+1

unless you want to lob a few limbs off to make weight it aint gonna happen

You will lose a lot of muscle cutting that fast

Is there a reason you have to take this fight?

Train hard, get your weight down the right and healthy way, and get a fight at the end of the year or start of next year when you'll be within a decent range to cut to 265 (preferably day before weigh-ins; consult the weight-cutting thread about this at that time). In this case, the only thing you'll prove is how stupid you are to take a fight after a long bad layoff, not that you have balls or anythin' like that. Do it right and prove you have the balls to get in there when you're trainin' is sharp and your in shape. Take the advice from someone who took his first fight when he shouldn't have.

You will be the chief architect of your own downfall if you accept this fight and continue in this ludicrous pursuit of cutting 50lbs in 6 months.

You will be the chief architect of your own downfall if you accept this fight and continue in this ludicrous pursuit of cutting 50lbs in 6 months.

6 months wouldnt be a problem, he has to do it in 6 weeks, thats suicide :icon_conf

I think we can all agree that it's not the brightest move to attempt what he's trying to do and on top of it take a fight. However, the OP posted that he knows its not bright and he seems willing to deal with the consequences, therefore we should probably all save our breath on it being an ill advised choice. He wants to prove he can do it, and maybe it's the jump start he needs to really get back into shape. And frankly sometimes you need an ass kicking to realize you've made some mistakes along the way.

Usually though it's not a literal ass kicking as will most likely be the case in 6 weeks. lol On a serious note though, best of luck to the thread starter in his diet and his fight. If he really does train hard and diet hard in those 6 weeks, it's not out of the question to win, because I'm not sure about everyone else's local amateur heavy weights, but in the few organizations here in the DC area, most of them seem to just be fat guys. The real competiion and athletic ability doesn't seem to fall into the HW class, but usually around 170, 185 and a decent number at 205.

I wanna see a video of this fight... Horrible Horrible Idea, fighting is one thing, but setting yourself up for failure is another.

even if you do manage to drop weight that fast you'll hit a brick wall and your body will start destroying muscle tissue just as much as fat.

even losing fat the quickest and healthiest way possible I don't think its humanly possible to lose 8 lbs a week for longer then a month, that has got to set off some starvation triggers in your body.

Bump for a monday morning weigh in. I want to know if you're still trying to make weight.

Ok so it's been 5 weeks, I want an update. Did you give up on the diet and decide to take a fight at a later date? Did you give up on fighting and dedicate yourself to competitive eating?

I'm bored and I must know! lol

Update...3 years later. The other guy dropped out of the fight pretty soon after this got posted, I hit 275 by Christmas or so of that year, fought shortly thereafter. I'm walking at about 250 most of the time and still training. Thanks for all the input...you know, back in 2008.

Back