Got a nearly new car the other day. I'm so much happier.

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I've been driving a 2007 for about 10 years now. Got it from a family member. It was pretty reliable but I didn't treat it very well outside of general maintenance. Ate in it, crumbs and stains were prevalent. Eventually I didn't feel very good driving it. The CD player even malfunctioned on me and I don't really like the radio. So I wasn't very happy driving around in it. I don't like to waste money so tried to get my money's worth before getting something else. I finally decided it was time for something else. Got a 2017 the other day (The mileage is so low it feels brand new), I don't want to bring up brands since I don't want to make that the point of the thread. Anyway I am committed to maintaining it well so I can feel good transporting people in it. Also I love being able to make calls through the car. I love listening to video's from my phone with the car. I feel sooooo much better driving it. It's been such a night and day difference in how I feel day to day.

If getting a good vehicle is something that could do the same for you I highly recommend it.

Edit:
I should have anticipated people wanting to know this much. Since so many people care then screw it. This is my car. 2017 Hyundai Accent. Very comfortable in it. Love the technology that I never had. The car I was driving for 10 years was also a Hyundai Accent lol. I wasn't planning on getting another one but it was the best deal I could find given the mileage. After test driving a few other cars it felt the best.

images
images

Last edited:
Make an effort to get a valet maybe once a month otherwise its will be like driving a 10 year old car sooner than you think.

You eat in the car.. So you need a valet at least once a month to keep ontop of the shit that falls out of your mouth.

Maybe I didn't make it clear in the OP. I no longer eat in my car. I plan to keep it very clean.

That wont last long .. I assure you.

I can have an iron resolve. Especially after 10 years of doing it that way. I am very committed.

Honestly there is no reason I have to eat in my car. There is always another way. Stop and eat some where or wait until you get to your destination.

I can have an iron resolve. Especially after 10 years of doing it that way. I am very committed.

Honestly there is no reason I have to eat in my car. There is always another way. Stop and eat some where or wait until you get to your destination.

Let me know how that goes for you..

Talking of "new" cars. Do not understand how people can drive around in old 8+ year old manual vehicles. Driving is a chore that way.

New / Automatic cars makes driving fun. Probably too much fun.

Make an effort to get a valet maybe once a month otherwise its will be like driving a 10 year old car sooner than you think.

Agree with this.

Talking of "new" cars. Do not understand how people can drive around in old 8+ year old manual vehicles. Driving is a chore that way.

New / Automatic cars makes driving fun. Probably too much fun.

Agree with this.

I've heard people argue that manual is more fun. Speaking of which I almost looked at a manual car when I was at the dealership and once I realized it was manual I said not interested. Manuals are rare in newer cars but apparently they are still around.

If anyone is really that interested I'll report back here every now and again.

The only reason im interested is you're trying to break a habit that has spanned decade's, not only that but eating in cars is essential sometimes and completely unavoidable.

Good luck

The only reason im interested is you're trying to break a habit that has spanned decade's, not only that but eating in cars is essential sometimes and completely unavoidable.

Good luck

You have a good point on habits. However under the right circumstances habits can be broken. Sometimes you hit a breaking point which can drastically alter behavior. For instance someone who is overweight can decide they are done with that lifestyle and drastically change their diet to lose massive amounts of weight. In my case of eating in the car this change isn't nearly as dramatic as something like that. All it will take is a bit of focus and planning. I have plenty of motivation now that I have a car that I love that makes me feel good on a regular basis.

For some people you could be right in regards to eating in the car being unavoidable. Perhaps someone taking very long trips and lacking the time to stop and sit down to eat. I have no need in my life for such a restraint. I don't drive long distances with my vehicle so it should be relatively simple to simply plan ahead on when my meals will be. Much of the time I would eat in my car was simple laziness. There was no real need for it.

You have a good point on habits. However under the right circumstances habits can be broken. Sometimes you hit a breaking point which can drastically alter behavior. For instance someone who is overweight can decide they are done with that lifestyle and drastically change their diet to lose massive amounts of weight. In my case of eating in the car this change isn't nearly as dramatic as something like that. All it will take is a bit of focus and planning. I have plenty of motivation now that I have a car that I love that makes me feel good on a regular basis.

For some people you could be right in regards to eating in the car being unavoidable. Perhaps someone taking very long trips and lacking the time to stop and sit down to eat. I have no need in my life for such a restraint. I don't drive long distances with my vehicle so it should be relatively simple to simply plan ahead on when my meals will be. Much of the time I would eat in my car was simple laziness. There was no real need for it.

Yeah good points.. Hope it goes well for you.

I dont mind eating in my car, in fact a.like it, but i take it to be valet every month.

Cool now you can wash it once every 2 days. Then after a couple months you’ll start treating it like your old car

Cool now you can wash it once every 2 days. Then after a couple months you’ll start treating it like your old car

Washing it wasn't that important. It was more taking care of the interior.

Back