Got $150 to spend on fitted sheets on Amazon

Bornstarch

Holy Paladin
@Brown
Reaction score
I got $150 left on my Amazong gift card from my birthday. I figure I'd buy some fitted sheets.

It's confusing. I thought the higher the thread count the better, but I ordered one that had 1500 thread count and it wasn't so good. But it was cheap. I want it to feel nice and silky. I've found some supposedly good ones, but they're the set. I just need the fitted sheets, not the set.

Last edited:
Get Bamboo sheets, and thank me later.

Always get the set.

What is this, amateur hour?

I got $150 left on my Amazong gift card from my birthday. I figure I'd buy some fitted sheets.

It's confusing. I thought the higher the thread count the better, but I ordered one that had 1500 thread count and it wasn't so good. But it was cheap. I want it to feel nice and silky. I've found some supposedly good ones, but they're the set. I just need the fitted sheets, not the set.
That's funny. I just ordered a new set of sheets for my new bed & they arrived today. I only paid $50 for them though because I like the t-shirt material sheets.

European Beach Wood.

Some stores have sheets on display where you can touch part of it to know how it feels. I recommend testing before buying.

I've bought sheets with high thread counts that felt like I was laying on a tarp.

Go with Jersey Knit sheets.

They feel like T-shirts, breathable, and have the right weight over your body as opposed to something so light it doesn't seen like you have anything covering you at all.

Pro Tip - Go to Bed Bath & Beyond where they have small samples of the fabric for you to feel for each of your selections. You'd be amazed how most sheets feel almost plasticy compared to the Jersey Knit.

Also, buying a weighted blanket with it is the perfect bedding combination.

OIP.LAS2fqFovYz8HDTgtDw4WwHaLb

During the winter I set my thermostat to only kick on if it gets below 40 degrees in my house. The combination of jersey knit sheets and a weighted blanket keeps my body heat in so I sleep soundly all night.

Been searching for a new brand of bed sheets. Finally washed my recently bought Lacoste percale sheets and will try them out now. Already feels like much less friction than Soho Loft thin microfiber and Target microfiber. Feels cooler too. I read percale is a type of weave that's supposed to be cooler due to the weave. It was twice the price of microfiber.

I have a feeling microfiber will be miserable when it gets hot in the summer.

Amazon is full of Chinese crap. It wouldn't be my first choice for bed linen. If you buy something at least make sure it's from a real company, not YEHHJET or PATIKILOL.

Have you ever heard of "The Fitted Bed Sheet Cover-Up"?

Fitted bed sheets are not just a cozy accessory, they are actually covert agents of mind control orchestrated by a secret cabal of mattress manufacturers and textile moguls.

In other words, it's world domination through the subtle manipulation of our subconscious minds via the unassuming medium of fitted bed sheets.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the sheets are subtly implanting suggestions into our subconscious minds, programming us to crave consumerism and conformity, but I'm also not, not saying that.

Back